what the customer doesn't see...

So I had a waiter (someone who waits for their truck to be tinted, lol) in and he was talking to me and such about a year ago...anyways he observed a lot of calls, quotes, walk ins, orders, and daily work activity. He then told me that we must have a really nice house, nice toys, etc. It is funny that customers see our biz as all profit...

I don't know about you all but I get pissed about the cost of JB shampoo...lol...cost of films, lease on building, electric, phone, all the fun stuff...I have to stock multiple films for tint, multiple films for my cutter, multiple films for my printer...yes we make good money, but %&$# is expensive...lol

anyways, said "waiter" started a tint shop down the road...he is now closed and broke...Removing one of his "good enough" jobs now on a new customers car :bingo

happy tinting all!

just goes to show that if everyone could tint windows professionally. There would be even more tint shops out there.

I have fixed plenty of crappy looking tint jobs in my day, and i can promise you that more then half of them were done by my local comp.

But it doesn't bother me to do their redo's. Every custy's car i fix, I gain a new custy and probably several refferals from just taking the time to make one screwedup tint job right for a reasonable price.

Now as far as people thinking we make a ton of money. They are so clueless to just how much more money goes into tinting windows then just paying for the film. You got overhead, advertising, insurance,the list just goes on and on. Luckily my wife does the finance end of our business. I just have to keep sticking film and selling jobs. :twocents

Guest Darknesswithin

the small items like JJ and bounty , razor blades, tools don't really cost alot but they add up fast because you actually use those items on a daily basis,,

I have always had to supply my own tools and that includes JJ and razor blades, papar towels have been supplied from who I was working for at the time...

We keep a 50 pack of SS Olfla blades by our cutting table and I used to get so tired of picking up new blades that were dropped on the floor "accidentally". Had a shop helper quit cause I wouldn't make him into a tinter..... no more blades on the floor :fart This kid couldn't figure out why I would never let him tint :spit A good tinter can't be sloppy, so if your sloppy and a helper..................... :spit

Cheers

Stan

No doubt things are getting more and more expensive, and if your running your shop right, film is one of the least expensive things. It does all add up . Even a small shop has to make 5 + a month to make it . Thats a reality. I too get tired of customers thinking film is so cheap, and that my prices are unreasonable. We have been here 25+ years, so when people come in with some $99 quote , I just tell them that person will probably be out of business in a year. We charge more because we pay our help fairly, have a office they can visit, and have more overhead. Thats reality. Some people get it , some people dont .

Guest caralarmtint@hotmail.com

i had a customer trying to count my money. cuz he wanted to wait and was hearing my calls for jobs that where coming and i do more then tint i do alarms and stereo to come to find out he was talking about robbing me to a very good customer of mind and got to me. so if you work in the ghetto be careful cuz times is hard for these socalled thugs.

Archived