Are you GSA Certified??

Guest tintslut

Never heard that GSA requires a IWFA cert. GSA specs what threat level the glazing system is to perform. All the contracts we have done , specified what

strengths and thickness the film needs to comply with, and that the installer be "factory certified to apply the material" .

DO a search here, I posted the links to the GSA site where the criteria and blast results were, complete with videos. :rollin

I will be certified to install anything over 6 mil next week.  But from what I understand I would have to get certified through the IWFA to be able to get a GSA Certification.  Am I understanding this correctly? 

TTC  :)

:lol:hmmm:hmmm:)

So U need certifikate to install thick films????

Cool idea... I'll do the same in Europe....

Never heard that GSA requires a IWFA cert.  GSA specs what threat level the glazing system is to perform. All the contracts we have done , specified what

strengths and thickness the film needs to comply with, and that the installer be "factory certified to apply the material"  .

DO a search here, I posted the links to the GSA site where the criteria and blast results were, complete with videos.  :thumb

I believe :sl*t

I'll second that :sl*t

I do not think the IWFA has anything to do with GSA certification but as I am not a member I can't say for sure but I really doubt it. You can find a lot of info in the GSA website about how to be eligable for GSA work and you distributor should be able to tell you if their film meets the gsa specs. the only drawback to Fed, state and local government work I have found is the lag time to get paid, it can drag out sometimes but its worth going after if you can carry it until you get paid. TTC check with your local SBA office too. as a women owned business you might find a few opportunities there too.

Guest tintslut
Whats the max thickness someone can install without  a certification? Im having issues bout this with my .........

get the info and take the quiz from the dist so you can install 8 to 15 mil.

Guest Blade

I've installed 14 mil in the past several times.......I don't have any certification at all. Does that mean the film's gonna fall off or something. Delaminate early...? Peel, bubble? :rollin

Archived