It's a little frosty in here

Guest metint

Took a call from a consumer the other day complaining of frost on his windows... on the inside surface of his auto glass. :spit:lol Said it just started doing it 8 months after film was installed. :lol

You ever hear of this? Staright from the Twilight Zone I tell ya!

Suggested he have his heater coil checked... it may be leaking moisture into the passenger compartment and the car being outside on these cold nights is causing the moist air in the car to turn into frost on the windows.

After giving this one and only theory that I could think of... he still was not accepting the possibility. :lol

:booga

Never heard of it. In extreme conditions, I have had fresh jobs with frost between the film and the glass, rendering the vehicle virtually undrivable until the film fully dried. Bet never had a problem after the film dried.

Tell him to take an ice scraper to it. :thumb j/k

If they get the inside of the car really warm using the floor heater and not the defroster, the air inside the car will have moisture and condensation will form on the windows because they are colder. Then after they get out, if it's really cold outside, it's just freezing the condensation. Does that make sense? It sounded better in my head.

Metint, I am thinking that the frost is developing on the inside of this persons windshield. Does this vehicle have a weird cooling problem meaning does it overheat and come back to normal temperatures quickly, or does it consume anti-freeze for no reason, and/or is the right front passenger floorboard or carpeting damp or wet? :) I'm puzzled with this problem as well, I was just throwing in these clues to see if the owner of the vehicle noticed if any of these problems were happening. Depending what the owner states, then maybe all of us can move closer to finding out the answer to this "chilly" problem.

The caller is an idiot. Plain and simple. Coming back from the concert the other night in 30 below wind chill, the inside glass of my brother in laws Taurus was pretty much solid frost and it's not tinted. Lousy heater, it's a Ford after all. :) I've been tinting in the cold forever, doesn't make any difference, unless you're some kind of limp wristed tinter. :gaybooga

The caller is an idiot. Plain and simple. Coming back from the concert the other night in 30 below wind chill, the inside glass of my brother in laws Taurus was pretty much solid frost and it's not tinted.  Lousy heater, it's a Ford after all. :thumb  I've been tinting in the cold forever, doesn't make any difference, unless you're some kind of limp wristed tinter. :gaybooga

Well that would explain it OT...

Side note... he was calling from Chicago, so be on the look out for this one. :thumb

:thumb? I don't understand why he called you.?? :nope

He thought the tint had something to do with the frosting of the surface and...

Some customers, as I am sure everyone here can identify with this, are not content with the tinter's explanation, so consequently they take upon themselves to dial up the manufacturer's number found on most literature they receive... and anyone calling CP with film install questions are generally directed to metint. Some even call before going back to the tinter. :thumb

But why, if it was the fault of the tint, would it wait 8 months to start??? :cry:hmmm  :lol  :lol  :nope  :thumb  :cry  :ss

I refer you back to OT's first sentence in his post on the subject. You have to remember the ratio of those who think and those who don't is verwy lopsided at times. :hmmm:thumb

Archived