Thrid Brake Lights

Guest crazy rabbit

Guest crazy rabbit

Hey,just wondering if anyone knows about the law in NJ about cutting out 3rd brake lights on rear glass.

The motor vehicle inspection in this stae ,like everything elese,is CRAZY.

I like to remove the light for a clean look,but have had customers return at time of inspection claiming they faid inspection,

I have checked the usual laws and found no record of this law.

Thanks.......... :beach

Not a written law here....sounds like bullshoit to me. Lots of older cars out there that don't have 3rd brake lights! Are they illegal for not having them??????

NYS does have laws reguarding the 'Reducing of visiblity of a vechile lights' That is a blanket law covering headlight and taillight covers and rarely the the third brake light. I have had people get tickets for that but they always seem to be the same 'kind' of people, :ahole loud complaining I could just imagine the conversation that they had with the Cop :lol6

Guest Me_shelli

We haven't had too much of a problem here in MO with the 3rd brake light. I've always tinted behind it. We had one guy we tinted a Civic for call up a few weeks ago said it wouldn't pass inspection. We told him to have it inspected some place else and he did. He had no problems passing inspection some place else. So I don't know if it is just inspectors being :ahole or what but there is no law here about it.

Guest Sprinter

that law seemed to float around here as well every tinter would talk about it but does'nt really say anywhere that it is the law. we don't have inspections unless you bring a vehicle from out of state and then all they do is look at it, they don't meter windows or messure the height of the bumper just if it will pass emissions yor good to go! this law seems like it's an unwritten law or just a rummer that some one spread !

Archived