opin ions please

I need your opinions on a name for my flat glass business. I am doing this with a partner. who actualy is the guy I currently work for. his main business is auto. but he does get calls for flat glass. but to make a long story short. I would like to call it absolute glass tinting. simply because it sounds like a professional name. and it will also come first in the phone book. since it is ab . he wants to use his current name. since he has been around for a while. his current name is smoking moes window tinting. now this is where I need your opinion. like I said he does do mostly auto. but does get a few calls for flat. now in your opion does his current name sound like a turn off . to flat glass customers. or would I be better off using his name. since he has been in business for 17 yrs. my thinking is that since he only gets a few calls. for flat glass work. that it will not make a difference as far as name recognition goes. and I also feel that the customers will feel more comfortable. calling a business named absolute . instead of smoking moes.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Eclipse

Smoking Moes is a name that I think could turn people off.

If he were getting alot of flat glass calls with that name then I would say stay with it. Since he only gets a few calls I think you will be better off with a new fresh name.

Absolute Window Tinting has a better ring to it than Smoking Moes (sounds like a smoke shop) No offense. :thumb

In my opinion Pierce,your choice and why is dead on. Absolute is a pro name, like you said and the yellow page theory is correct to..thats why I 'm listed as "Attain Tinting " when the business name is "Tint by Attain"..business increased greatly the yr I did that.

17 yrs doesn't mean much if his business name seems to attract more auto and sting operations than residential & commercial work.

I wish you the very best of luck :thumb

Archived