Rapid Tac Dot Matrix Concensus?

So I read some posts where some believe rapid tac DOES work to help adhere the tint to the dot matrix and others believe it does NOT. I am debating buying some. although I probably will since it is getting cold out, but what is everybodys opinion on the use of this on the dot matrix?

Guest scottydosnntkno

the active ingredient in rapid tack which helps the film to stick to the matrix is just rubbing alcohol. You can make your own solution of 25% alcy/75% water and do the same thing. Peel it back, spray it, wait 20 secs and squeegee it out.

....The best thing for dots is elmers blue glue.

+1. This is what we use, and it always looks good. IMO, I would be pissed if somebody painted, vinyled, or just neglected to tint any part of my back window. But maybe its just me :krazy

When you all say dot-matrix, are you all referring to the large top area or all the way around back glass(some side windows-Lexus, etc...).

Because I always use either vinyl or paint(flat black)on the large dot matrix area on top of BG. When I'm out and about I can't stand it when I see cars with the BG that either has the film over the dot matrix (looks like crap-blotchy) or film not covering it and just left "naked". Very unprofessional!

Otherwise the dot matrix going all the way around the BG, how in the **** do you peel back, or put rapid tac(or alcohol solution what I've used), glue, or sand on the bottom area of BG?

In other words, there's no way to have the film stick to the dot matrix going all the way around. You'll always miss the area on the bottom of the BG.

:dunno

Archived