Last one to post #42

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Please don't go to godaddy. :thumb

I'd recommend Namesecure.com. Just buy a domain and follow the instructions to configure it once you get your server's DNS name configured.

so in the spirit of learning this

ill assume you are using namesecure.

so essentially when I enter tintdude.com my isp directs me to namesecure where the domain name is linked to the static ip address of the server hosting this site?

Sort of but not really. Once you tell your domain registrar your DNS addy, it will propagate around the world to the backbone systems who in short route traffic from there. It takes about a day for your new DNS to fully propagate, sometimes faster.

alrighty thanks my man, ill be getting this soon I suppose

need a fancy .com name

Yes A fancy one you will need.and it must be fancy in such a way it will be easy to remember it will need to be........... :thumb

Do you have anything like Cpanel installed on the server to manage hosted sites?

You might just want to save some grief and just buy some hosting space. :thumb

it looks like that software turns the msdos looking screen into nice easy to work with stuff? yes?

as of now I just access it through winscp and load the pics and files I need on there and that seems to work ok

I dont know. can you learn how to cut up a fish?
The first is to clean them for baking or grilling in foil. This essentially leaves them whole. You clean out the stomach cavity, remove the gills and surrounding tissue, and scale them. Leaving the head on is a personal choice and also dictated by the recipe. Most large bodied fish can be prepared this way, including grouper, redfish, and (our personal favorite) pompano. So-called "puppy" drum - immature versions of the clownlike giants we find under the Bay bridges are another great candidate for cleaning in this way. Snook don't qualify, by the way - leaving the skin on results in a distinctive soapy taste. Back in the days before someone tried stripping the skin off they were actually called "soapfish."

The next way to clean a fish is...

http://capmel.com/how_to-fillet_fish.htm

:thumb

Archived