milwaukee heatgun

Guest vital

today I had one last spot to touch up with my milwaukee heatgun before I was done and ready to go home. had to ask the customer to come back because the heatgun wouldn't turn on all of a sudden. this is the second time a milwaukee heatgun died on me during the end of the job. does anyone else have problems w/ milwaukee heatguns dying on them?

maybe it's the way I use it... I always set it to high when heating and shrinking... but that shouldn't be an acceptable reason for it to break down...

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

those little black el cheepo milwaukees will do that. I never got one to last more than 6 months.

you might want to look into getting something more HEAVY DUTY. you might pay twice as much for a industrial heavy duty model but they ususlly last for years not months :lol you can get a reall nice gun for around 80 bucks, or you can keep buying those cheep ass black ones a couple times per year :lol

popular ones here seem to be PORTER CABLE, MILWAUKEE RED, MAKITA and mabey a couple others.

hehateme is dead on about the life of those guns. but if you dont want to pay for the better guns. then just watch your gun. you can tell when they are about to die. you will see little silver flakes come out. and you will notice. it will not be as hot as it once was. the cheap milwauke guns are good for one thing though. fingers you have to heat from the outside. because they blow less air. the glass gets a more direct heat to it. for example it takes me 9 seconds. to have enough heat from a cheapo. to knock the finger down. and know it is staying down. and 16 seconds for a milwauke red. but for anything else id rather use my red. for the durabilty and other reasons.

they are garbage just like the wagners you've got to spend more than $30.00 if you want one that'll last

:thumb Funny...I've used just about everything. Milwaukees shrink film, that's their job. Garbage? No. They might not last as long as some others, but for an abusive heat gun tosser, they aren't a bad option. :shock

I just got a Milwaukee gun in desperation, 'cause my old one died during a job. I think is was only the second day that I used it and the thing wouldn't turn on. I took the thing apart and there wasn't anything wrong with the wiring or the switch. I just smacked it on the bench a couple of times, and then it worked. It has done that to me twice now.

Guest BCCwintint

Strange about heat guns! Once I bought a $48 Shop Fox heat gun and it broke on me in 6 months. Burned out! Piece of crap, that heat gun. So I go to my local Harbor Freight tool store and I buy a $25 Chicago brand heat gun. It's been 4 months and so far so good. I like the Chicago one better than the $48 one. Much better for shrinking. If the Chicago one goes, maybe I'll go and buy an expensive Makita! Until then, Chicago is good! :rollin

Archived