Need Peel board Ideas

Guest newbie_on

Guest newbie_on

Well,

I am getting ready to start tinting on the side on my garage. Got my cutting software & plotter, got material.

Need Ideas on how to build a Peel Board.

What's the standard size?

Should I use glass or plexiglass ?

Since I am new to tinting and to this forum I do not know if there was already a thread on this.

Any help that you can give will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Guest c5golfguy

I went on Craigslist and found a glass dining room table that is 4x6. Gave 50 bucks for it and got it up hung up on the wall. It's heavy as all get out, but it was relatively cheap and gets the job done.

I want to build a table for the piece of glass when we get into a shop, but for now the peel board hanging on the wall will work. Here is a pic of mine. Nothing real special, I was really looking for something cheap and I had the pressure treated wood laying around from my basement finishing job I'm working on.

36021_464538248975_505938975_6295871_3532779_n.jpg

:)

Use glass if at all possible. Even though you have a plotter you will still need to trim stuff. Unless you trim stuff with scissors which I have been doing on side doors lately and it works out good.

You will want something big enough to peel a back glass on, I'd say minimum 6ft by 4ft. You will want larger to be able to put the doors on at the same time as the back glass or if you are going to weed the patterns on there too.

here in florida dark as legal is two different shades...I choose to use two sheets of plate glass that is 44 x 110 vertical..I can cut the film on the plotter and wet the glass and unroll the film down the glass, the water/slip solution holds it there...I can trim all windows at once then reorganize the film on the wall to be shrunk/curled..I even do a few back glasses this way...once its curled I can use it for a peel board or lay out the film threw the car....this is my favorite way to do it..and since you have a plotter you can use it to put everything together before it goes on the glass' graphics and logo's.

IMAGE_864.jpg

The first shop I work at we had a cut table/ peel board. But since that time I have gotten away from using a peel board and I always cut on the glass. If you make it a point to wash a car before you start on it you will have cleaner work and this allows you to peel you film offf directly on the outside for the window you are working on. so may not agree with my methods but you can't get much closer to the window you are tinting then the other side of the glass. Just make sure it is clean. most dust in tint work is picked up in transferring the film to the window anway. So I hope you don't like working with a fam on you.

Guest jims3456

I use a "Light Box". A light box is piece of white opaque glass mounted in a frame back lit with fluorescent lights. Works great when tracing patterns, looks cool and it's easy and inexpensive to make. To check it out just image search Google

post-27249-1283134562.jpg

Guest naughtydog
I use a "Light Box". A light box is piece of white opaque glass mounted in a frame back lit with fluorescent lights. Works great when tracing patterns, looks cool and it's easy and inexpensive to make. To check it out just image search Google

That looks cool, so it had a glass piece at the front.

Archived