Ultrastart 1250 problems..any help appreciated.

Guest hochunk21

Guest hochunk21

I have recently purchased a 2001 Nissan Altima and it had an ultrastart 1250 remote starter installed. The dealership activated the remote starter yesterday and when I got in my car to pick it up the Ignition would not turn over....After 4 tries it turned over. Now my issue is that when I used the remote starter....it worked fine and then I go to use my key after I turn off the remoter starter manually The key does not work in the ignition....I tried it this morning and the remote start worked fine....and then shut off after 15 minutes...but when I got in my car the car would not start while using my key....and then I tried the remote starter and that would not work either...I tried it a few more times and then it started up using the remote starter....I dont' know what the heck is going on? I want to get an idea of what is going on with it to better diagnose and let the dealership how to fix this issue.....

Thanks YOu,

Rob :jerkit

it probably has to do with the anti-theft transponder in the key. If they installed a bypass for this, it could be causing the problem. Just take it back to the dealer and tell them the problem and let them and the installer figure it out. They don't need a customer diagnosing anything or giving advise.

Guest MikosBLow69
I have a tl 1250 ultra and the remote wil not work. how do I program the remote or the unit or even tell me how to get incontact with Ultra I can not find there # 

Archived