The Most Advanced Tinting Platform On The Planet....

Guest Deep

Guest Sunlimited
Only takes a few seconds extra

But I could never find the dang chair! :DD

Get em at the dump, people always throw them out cause the back is broken, we unscrew it and its a perfect rolling stool....... :DD ....Cool set up by the way....... :boogie

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No wonder it took so long for this post to load, overkill on the pics..............

Yeah I know.Its a bit long. Maybe you should get rid of that Pentium 2 system you have and get something faster. 15 seconds is WAAAAY to long to wait...

So how much $ did you end up spending on the code name “yellow Jacket”??. :boogie

Well, its not cheap to build, but this platform is worth every penny. I guess I have something near 400.00 invested into it.......I initially tried to make the board with a glass attached instead of the cutting mat, but it just adds too much weight to it.

it looks reaaly cool and versatile. Now some options could be to seal all of the tubes and have a way to fill it with solution and pressurize with a sprayer. Where the roll hanger is you could have something that would swing under the roll to use as a straight edge. I wonder how strong all those magnets are????? possibly strong enough to pull it into the Custy's car???? That would be the only downfall, but great ideas. It does show a lot of thought

The large magnets can pick up 40 pounds each. The smaller ones can pick up 26 pounds each. Dunno what you mean as far as the straight edge goes, or pulling it into the car....

So how much $ did you end up spending on the code name “yellow Jacket”??. :DD

Well, its not cheap to build, but this platform is worth every penny. I guess I have something near 400.00 invested into it.......I initially tried to make the board with a glass attached instead of the cutting mat, but it just adds too much weight to it.

Nice work station, you have put lots of thought to covering it all. :DD On the weight if you need more at the bottom you could cap any open ends and fill with sand from above. looks like the wheels would still roll it around. A glass would be nice but I like it how you got it. I need to post a picture of a stand I made with 2 inch pipe that holds a rear window. I can pack it anywhere in the world and set it up in under 10 minutes to do heat forming demo's. I was real proud of my layout till I saw where you have taken PVC to a new level. :boogie

Cheers

Stan

So how much $ did you end up spending on the code name “yellow Jacket”??. :lol2

Nice work station, you have put lots of thought to covering it all. :ppdance On the weight if you need more at the bottom you could cap any open ends and fill with sand from above. looks like the wheels would still roll it around. A glass would be nice but I like it how you got it. I need to post a picture of a stand I made with 2 inch pipe that holds a rear window. I can pack it anywhere in the world and set it up in under 10 minutes to do heat forming demo's. I was real proud of my layout till I saw where you have taken PVC to a new level. :dunno

Cheers

Stan

Hey thanks Stan. The weight of the platform is not really the issue that I was having a problem with. It is how the added weight of the glass and the wooden board affected the platform. Since this combination weighed so much, it was pulling down pretty hard, making the stress on the structure much greater, and actually caused the pipe to skew at an angle to some extent. Plus rolling around with the glass attached didnt "feel" stable enough. The single post would tweak too much, and wouldnt stay verticle as I pushed the platform around a car. The base would have to be completely modified to handle a glass peel board config, and I would probably have to go to 4" pipe at this point. Probably would not be a good platform to go mobile with because of the added weight, but would be a great in shop unit.

Archived