factory tint + aftermarket tint= ? ne one have a formula

does anyone have a formula that they use to figure out what % the windows will meter out to if there is an existing factory tint? Example: My magnum is 70% factory on the fronts, so if I installed 42% on the window what percent would the tinted window come out to...just curious...I have been figuring around 8-10% less than the tint % that I install and has come out close everytime.

You can simply multiply and get your answer. 70 x 42 = 29.4% This is assuming that the film actually IS 42% and not lighter or darker because soemtimes its not exactly what they say it is. I have had film that said it was 30% and it was actually 25% out of the box, But you can get the idea if the numbers are exactly what you saw they are :beer just multiply

Guest scottydosnntkno
You can simply multiply and get your answer. 70 x 42 = 29.4% This is assuming that the film actually IS 42% and not lighter or darker because soemtimes its not exactly what they say it is. I have had film that said it was 30% and it was actually 25% out of the box, But you can get the idea if the numbers are exactly what you saw they are :beer just multiply

:beer

figure out exactly the VLT of the stock glass and the actually VLT of the film, not the listed one, and then multiply them

Guest tintjam65

To multiply is close

but not exactly

A light meter performance

and different light wavelengths

can skew to tinters favor

Here in NC ATR 35 did not pass

PT (centaur) did because of its blue look :beer

Archived