which meter should I buy?

anyone got any idea about the the warranty on these products? I have a tm200 had it for about 2 years and its broken, wont set itself to 99 when switched on, it just randomly goes up and down thu the numbers, have tried batteries to no avail, can I sent it back somewhere??

Call the company that you bought it from. I do not think that it would still be covered under warranty, but they may be able to send it back and get it fixed for a fraction of what a new unit would cost. :lol2

Check with the local DMV or an inspection station they should have a list of those approved for your state. I just bought one myself from Advanced Design Systems (1-800-865-1820) cost was $259.00 shipped. NC only has two approved meaters for inspection that I could find. I talked to the guys here that oversee all our area for inspection stations. They gave me the list.

While I'm thinking about it again, Im looking for a sample letter to certify that the tint I've applied is legal. I had a coustomer come in looking for some kind of official letter. I guess he got burnd by another shop saying his tint was good. Cost him time, fines, and court cost. I spoke to the guys here at the DMV but theirs were all officer badge number bla bla bla, nothing I could use. Anything you have would help as I try and draft something. Thanks!

Guest hjchome
Anyone have a take on which meter I should buy? Nvr bought one before, but with new laws in my state I am gonna have to. Any advice? Quality is a must, don't wanna replace it every year...

If you happen to have an iPhone or iPod Touch, you can purchase the 'iTint' app for a few bucks. It works subjectively, so it's only as accurate as your vision. With a little practice and a calibrated app, you can get within 5% of the actual value. Check it out on Apple's App Store, or go to www.hjchome.com for more details.

Archived