Hey, I'm looking to take all my film out of the boxes they are in and put them in good generic white boxes.

REASON: When I have to travel to different dealerships I don't want to throw away old overused boxes and inadvertently advertise for the jerks (Big Manufacturers - you know who they are) who have "stuck it to" me in the past by throwing away their boxes (or anyone else's for that matter) in the dealership trash bin. I don't always have time to find a bin behind some business to chuck them there either. I have lost several dealerships to "in-house" tinters who use the boxes as a starting point to find quality film. I know, It won't stop the really motivated person from finding out what film is good but, I don't want to give them any ideas or help them in anyway. I've been burned too many times and can't help but think this may have contributed to them going in-house on me.

If I had a retail location I would advertise openly for the film I carry, but I'm mobile and it is rarely ever an issue.

So, no more helping out the competition if you know what I mean.

Thus the reason for plain white STRONG two piece boxes similar to Global or Johnson boxes.

Any ideas where I can get them? :lol

And no, I don't want to wrap the ones I have in vinyl. Been there, bought and sold the T-shirt. Not for me.

Please don't pontificate about the wisdom or lack thereof of throwing away boxes - I don't care. And yes I can and have taken them home and thrown them out there, but they tend to pile up in the van before I can get to them and throw them out. I don't care about that either.

Just help me find good boxes - nothing else matters to me with this thread.

Thanks in advance. :lol

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey, I'm looking to take all my film out of the boxes they are in and put them in good generic white boxes.

REASON: When I have to travel to different dealerships I don't want to throw away old overused boxes and inadvertently advertise for the jerks (Big Manufacturers - you know who they are) who have "stuck it to" me in the past by throwing away their boxes (or anyone else's for that matter) in the dealership trash bin. I don't always have time to find a bin behind some business to chuck them there either. I have lost several dealerships to "in-house" tinters who use the boxes as a starting point to find quality film. I know, It won't stop the really motivated person from finding out what film is good but, I don't want to give them any ideas or help them in anyway. I've been burned too many times and can't help but think this may have contributed to them going in-house on me.

If I had a retail location I would advertise openly for the film I carry, but I'm mobile and it is rarely ever an issue.

So, no more helping out the competition if you know what I mean.

Thus the reason for plain white STRONG two piece boxes similar to Global or Johnson boxes.

Any ideas where I can get them? :lol

And no, I don't want to wrap the ones I have in vinyl. Been there, bought and sold the T-shirt. Not for me.

Please don't pontificate about the wisdom or lack thereof of throwing away boxes - I don't care. And yes I can and have taken them home and thrown them out there, but they tend to pile up in the van before I can get to them and throw them out. I don't care about that either.

Just help me find good boxes - nothing else matters to me with this thread.

Thanks in advance. :tw

www.uline.com

Guest VaTinterPMan

I'm sure if you asked Howard he could tell ya where to find some boxes with all the boxes he has to order. Get a better deal since you don't have to have anything put on them like he doe. Just an idea, he could give you a place to start looking.

Pull the staples out and turn it inside out. Restaple the lid. When you enter the dealership, do so with the lid flipped back under the box with the film exposed. That is what I used to do. When people asked me what brand I used, I would ask if it mattered because I was the one warrantying the installation.

Pull the staples out and turn it inside out. Restaple the lid. When you enter the dealership, do so with the lid flipped back under the box with the film exposed. That is what I used to do. When people asked me what brand I used, I would ask if it mattered because I was the one warrantying the installation.

There! See, you guys can comment on this thread if you want to. That's exactly the kind of input I was asking for.

Thanks Tinit, I actually had thought about that sometime ago and had forgotten it. Thanks for the reminder! :nope

Archived