I know people hate to talk about it

Of course, if you get a person wants 5% on the back glass it might not be bad to keep some on hand.

my biggest fear is that someone is going to back over someone's kid, and I'm going to get taken to the cleaners for it.

That is a good point, on my own car 20% on the back glass is the darkest I go.

On my Daughters car, 35% limit on her back glass. Want her to be able to see at night when backing up.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is a HUGE difference between a Cop not knowing His job, and something being Legal or Illegal. Oh, and what does "constructed on a truck chassis" tell You? :)

BTW....been here 31 years! :lol

Born and raised started at a shop when I was in middle school worked for that shop from 86 til 03 and the difference is they do what ever in the hell they want. And if I was to take every ticket for illegal film to court because of dumb a$$ cops I would have lost a years pay.Bottom line 5% ON THE REAR OF TRUCK,VAN,MPV, IN THE STATE OF FL CAN GET YOU A TICKET.....

:lol2 They do what ever they want, the law doesn't matter......... I was arrested in 86 (Oklahoma) over having the paper dealer temporary tag in the corner of the windshield after tinting MY van. Said on the permit it was legal to put it there but........... don't ever call um scooter :dunno I sued the city..... don't ever do that either :)

Cheers all

Stan

Guest scottydosnntkno
There is a HUGE difference between a Cop not knowing His job, and something being Legal or Illegal. Oh, and what does "constructed on a truck chassis" tell You? :mad

BTW....been here 31 years! :twocents

Born and raised started at a shop when I was in middle school worked for that shop from 86 til 03 and the difference is they do what ever in the hell they want. And if I was to take every ticket for illegal film to court because of dumb a$$ cops I would have lost a years pay.Bottom line 5% ON THE REAR OF TRUCK,VAN,MPV, IN THE STATE OF FL CAN GET YOU A TICKET.....

getting a ticket and having to pay the ticket are two different things. He can write you a ticket for your factory tint being "illegal", but it doesn't mean it will stand up and you have to pay it. how hard is it to send in written proof of the law, a letter of explanation, and the ticket? You don't even have to go to court to fight it, you can plead not guilty with an explanation.

Guest VaTinterPMan
There is a HUGE difference between a Cop not knowing His job, and something being Legal or Illegal. Oh, and what does "constructed on a truck chassis" tell You? :beer

BTW....been here 31 years! :dunno

:bs 5% will not get you a ticket! or shall I say stand up in court if need bee! The law is 6% with 3% variance so therefor 3% is legal and you can have 2.999% and lower is illegal. You must of had something darker than that. So yea, hard to imagine that they give tickets or even care for something that dark when all the suvs are like this! So :beer We can have darker windows here anyway for suvs! Crazy the way the laws are from state to state! ANY here for suvs behind drivers windows.

Archived