I know people hate to talk about it

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
isn't 5 legal on the back of MPVs? it is here, so I've always got some in stock.

here the state is 20% all around, county is 35% on front doors.

so you're not legaly allowed to tint factory tinted glass on SUV or minivans? I would have thought with multipurpose vehicles you could black those out. we can here.

isn't 5 legal on the back of MPVs? it is here, so I've always got some in stock.

here the state is 20% all around, county is 35% on front doors.

so you're not legally allowed to tint factory tinted glass on SUV or minivans? I would have thought with multipurpose vehicles you could black those out. we can here.

not legally.

In Florida 5% is legal on trucks, vans, suv's and mpv's on any window rear of the B pillar. :beer

Gotta have some in stock down here!

:nope

316.2951 Motor vehicle windows; definitions. ---

Whenever used in ss. 316.2951-316.2957, unless the context otherwise requires, the following terms have the following meanings:

(1) "Motor vehicle" means any vehicle as defined in s. 316.003, except vehicles used in farm husbandry, which is registered or required to be registered in the state.

(2) "Multipurpose passenger vehicle" means a motor vehicle with motive power designed to carry 10 persons or fewer which is constructed either on a truck chassis or with special features for occasional off-road operation.

--------------------------------

316.2954 Windows behind the driver; restrictions on sunscreening material. ---

(1) A person shall not operate any motor vehicle on any public highway, road, or street on which vehicle any windows behind the driver are composed of, covered by, or treated with any sunscreening material, or other product or material which has the effect of making the window nontransparent or which would alter the window's color, increase its reflectivity, or reduce its light transmittance, except as specified below:

(a) Sunscreening material consisting of film which, when applied to and tested on the rear window glass of the specific motor vehicle, has a total solar reflectance of visible light of not more than 35 percent as measured on the nonfilm side and a light transmittance of at least 15 percent in the visible light range; however, sunscreening material which, when applied to and tested on the rear window glass of the specific motor vehicle, has a total solar reflectance of visible light of not more than 35 percent as measured on the nonfilm side and a light transmittance of at least 6 percent in the visible light range may be used on multipurpose passenger vehicles.

There is a +/- Variance of 3% in the State of Florida, which makes 5% legal on theses vehicles.

Shall I continue? :dunno

Guest tint14u
In Florida 5% is legal on trucks, vans, suv's and mpv's on any window rear of the B pillar. :dunno

Ok, try to explain the law to Me then........ :beer

Look at the guidelines mvp rear yes pickup no

Guest tint14u
In Florida 5% is legal on trucks, vans, suv's and mpv's on any window rear of the B pillar. :beer

316.2951 Motor vehicle windows; definitions. ---

Whenever used in ss. 316.2951-316.2957, unless the context otherwise requires, the following terms have the following meanings:

(1) "Motor vehicle" means any vehicle as defined in s. 316.003, except vehicles used in farm husbandry, which is registered or required to be registered in the state.

(2) "Multipurpose passenger vehicle" means a motor vehicle with motive power designed to carry 10 persons or fewer which is constructed either on a truck chassis or with special features for occasional off-road operation.

--------------------------------

316.2954 Windows behind the driver; restrictions on sunscreening material. ---

(1) A person shall not operate any motor vehicle on any public highway, road, or street on which vehicle any windows behind the driver are composed of, covered by, or treated with any sunscreening material, or other product or material which has the effect of making the window nontransparent or which would alter the window's color, increase its reflectivity, or reduce its light transmittance, except as specified below:

(a) Sunscreening material consisting of film which, when applied to and tested on the rear window glass of the specific motor vehicle, has a total solar reflectance of visible light of not more than 35 percent as measured on the nonfilm side and a light transmittance of at least 15 percent in the visible light range; however, sunscreening material which, when applied to and tested on the rear window glass of the specific motor vehicle, has a total solar reflectance of visible light of not more than 35 percent as measured on the nonfilm side and a light transmittance of at least 6 percent in the visible light range may be used on multipurpose passenger vehicles.

There is a +/- Variance of 3% in the State of Florida, which makes 5% legal on theses vehicles.

Shall I continue? :dunno

Continue all you like I have personally got a ticket in a work van registration in company name and ticketed for having 5% on the rear by FHP. And if you have been in the state long enough you prob realized half the damn cops and troopers here in our great state dont even know the laws themselves.

Guest tint14u
There is a HUGE difference between a Cop not knowing His job, and something being Legal or Illegal. Oh, and what does "constructed on a truck chassis" tell You? :beer

BTW....been here 31 years! :dunno

Born and raised started at a shop when I was in middle school worked for that shop from 86 til 03 and the difference is they do what ever in the hell they want. And if I was to take every ticket for illegal film to court because of dumb a$$ cops I would have lost a years pay.Bottom line 5% ON THE REAR OF TRUCK,VAN,MPV, IN THE STATE OF FL CAN GET YOU A TICKET.....

Archived