Tinting Rollups

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a bad idea...I'm willing to try it, but apparently my first job isnt coming in, so I have to wait a bit longer. I do 50-50 roll, but I suppose this could work, ill let you know how it goes

Guest beano

not sure if someone already said this but I stopped looking at the rediculous replies.

I fit the tint so it slides down past the trim before it covers the whole glass. I also do it with the glass wound down 25% of the way. squegee the top section, trim the top with a blade. wind the window up and squegee the bottom half. trim the tint below the seal if needed windthe window down slightly to dry and move to thr next window. its not hardwhen you know how to make templates and learn the process. just remember clean. for everything.

I've always been scared of paper towels being the last thing to touch the glass..now I see it as the last thing to touch the film before the glass..I've always made sure the last to touch the glass was the squeegee after the towel..I've also always used foaming spray to pick up dirt then the mounting solution..1sprayway,2razor,3shop 4towel,5squeegee,6mounting sol,7squeegee then wet and install..thats the order I do it..glass cleaner is always best cause it collects the dirt instead of having flushed all over..But insteresting tip and glad it's working out I just wet a piece of shop towel and placed against a piece of scrap tint then to the glass and yep it was still clean..but I'm still scared cause it's a old dog new trick type of thing..

Archived