Solamatrix press release

Guest metro jim

All information regarding fines will be listed for every single PLANT/Facility here in the US, though not all information is. There was another site that listed all environmental releases over the regulated amount and for the life of me I cant find it. Any action resulting in a multimillion dollar fine would more then likely be for an enviromental clean up. Being that the FTI/Solamatrix facility is located in a "watershed" any toxic release would be a major issue and would not be difficult to look up.

I am not a sungard or solamatrix user either (I have 2 very old boxes)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was told by an industry insider that SolaMatrix got hit with a huge Million $ fine from the EPA because their equipment was in violation of EPA standards. Their defense was they were "grandfathered" in as SunGard. But the NEW owners are NOT grandfathered in. They are considered a NEW company thus in violation.

Nice spin on the story though, I give them that. :spit

It's funny how the alleged fine is about as much as the cost of the new equipment. Why don't you call your "insider" and ask them to send you some proof that this EPA fine actually happened? A million dollar EPA fine would definitely be newsworthy (For example, US Glass Magazine reported a $15k EPA fine on Rossford Glass) and no one can seem to fine anything. :idea

Good point. I may do just that.

Guest Texstar
I was told by an industry insider that SolaMatrix got hit with a huge Million $ fine from the EPA because their equipment was in violation of EPA standards. Their defense was they were "grandfathered" in as SunGard. But the NEW owners are NOT grandfathered in. They are considered a NEW company thus in violation.

Nice spin on the story though, I give them that. :evileye

It's funny how the alleged fine is about as much as the cost of the new equipment. Why don't you call your "insider" and ask them to send you some proof that this EPA fine actually happened? A million dollar EPA fine would definitely be newsworthy (For example, US Glass Magazine reported a $15k EPA fine on Rossford Glass) and no one can seem to fine anything. :hmmm

Good point. I may do just that.

If you cant back it up and provide proof your going to continue to look like a gabby gossip :lol

The Regenerative Thermal Oxidizer (RTO) converts Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) and Hazardous Air Pollutants (HAPs) to carbon dioxide and water vapor through thermal oxidation. RTOs use regenerative heat transfer to achieve very high thermal efficiencies, which results in very low fuel cost. Through flow reversal, process gas is alternately heated then cooled in the thermal energy recovery chambers prior to being exhausted to atmosphere.

I have a question....what does this machine have to do with making the film better? It looks like all it does is clean up the exhaust coming from the plant. :lol2

And who is "Miss Informed"? Did you mean "misinformed"? (sorry, I couldn't resist) :lol2

Guest vclimber
The Regenerative Thermal Oxidizer (RTO) converts Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) and Hazardous Air Pollutants (HAPs) to carbon dioxide and water vapor through thermal oxidation. RTOs use regenerative heat transfer to achieve very high thermal efficiencies, which results in very low fuel cost. Through flow reversal, process gas is alternately heated then cooled in the thermal energy recovery chambers prior to being exhausted to atmosphere.

I have a question....what does this machine have to do with making the film better? It looks like all it does is clean up the exhaust coming from the plant. :twocents

And who is "Miss Informed"? Did you mean "misinformed"? (sorry, I couldn't resist) :twocents

Miss Informed is Gabby Gossip's sister. :ohcrap

Guest Texstar

I have a question....what does this machine have to do with making the film better? It looks like all it does is clean up the exhaust coming from the plant. :ohcrap

And who is "Miss Informed"? Did you mean "misinformed"? (sorry, I couldn't resist) :twocents

Miss Informed is Gabby Gossip's sister. :rollin

:twocents

Archived