How to repair a tear or scrape in the film?

Guest sharpie

Sometimes if I tear some film and its commonly Flat glass you can get away with this, some CLEAR nail polish will do the trick just a small amount and keep it off the rest of the film.

if I tear a piece I re do it, it's the only way it's gonna be right and last, although the clear nail polish works well on film that won't stick to dots SUCH AS the rear window on a focus (fock-ass) the film usually falls off the frit border, so I use some clear nail polish there, but other than that, just re tint it :thumbdown

Guest tmaster

learn from your mistakes. tell the customer you will take $10.00 off the bill if he accepts it; but also let him know that you have no problem redoing it if he wants you to. he will be happy to save $10.00 :evileye

learn from your mistakes. tell the customer you will take $10.00 off the bill if he accepts it; but also let him know that you have no problem redoing it if he wants you to. he will be happy to save $10.00  :evileye

this is great idea for your initial customer, the only problem is if your a tint shop that likes putting your sticker on your work, I'd suggest keeping it off because it's bad advertising for your mistake . The potential customer walking by that parked car sees the mistake and sees your name on it, but doesn't hear from the customer whom owns the car explaining the agreement you made with him..

Guest tinterjim

HEY!!! Just put the sticker over the messed up part. It will be our lil secret :thumb:lol

J/K redo the window. It will probly take less time than trying to make a fix up look good.

Archived