Cheap AZZ Customer

We did a VW convertible last week for one of our long time customers and even gave her a deal and didn't charge her for a front strip. She came back last friday and said she didn't like the color even though she's the one who picked it out.

She brought the car back today for us to do a R&R, so when she asked how much the bill was we charged her the same price on the sides plus a removal fee, but we also charged her for the front strip this time. Now she has called us three times since picking up the bug to complain about the front strip charge because she wasn't charged that the first time around.

Should I give the person the $ and let it go or tell her to pack sand, this is how much it costs everyone and I gave you a deal the first time around...

This person ALWAYS wants a discount no matter what she's getting, and we usually will cut some off her price. We've already cut the price ALOT this last time and even didn't charge her the first time around for the front strip...

So what would you guys do???

I can agree most of the time that the customer is always right. however, after reading your post, your argument to stand your ground is a good one. if she's already paid you, she should have complained and got a resolution on the spot. buyer's remorse has been common in my other biz and I learned to build value in my product when this happened to the customer. just give a professional explanation of why you charged more the second time. if she's loaded like you say, she'll understand. I mean you could have lost her future business with you already, why pay her to never come back? and she picked out the wrong color. not your fault. and you can't afford to give such a good deal twice.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me ask...By your post, you did a complet car for $100??? Man, I know of no one in my market that works that low. If thats you price for a complete car, I would say you need to raise your prices and give no discounts, unless absolutely necessary(and then hold off) It take a lot of time to do a vehicle, plus overhead and I feel you should never go this low.

So did she admit she picked the color and then just decided she wants something different? Did she get a different vlt or different product line? hard call either way :rollin

yes, she went with suntek carbon first, then decided after a couple days that she wanted it too look more grey, and then picked suntek hp, same %

Let me ask...By your post, you did a complet car for $100??? Man, I know of no one in my market that works that low. If thats you price for a complete car, I would say you need to raise your prices and give no discounts, unless absolutely necessary(and then hold off) It take a lot of time to do a vehicle, plus overhead and I feel you should never go this low.

I charged HER that for the sides only on a rag top bug, which we normally charge 150 for the same work, up charge for the front strip, but threw that in as well as a deal for the repeat business. so yes, your math is right, I gave a discount in the amount of $80.00 on the initial install, plus carried this price break onto the second install, only difference was the charge for the film removal and the charge for the front strip. So, a total savings, or my potential profit, of $130, all because she didn't like the color the first time, and my attempt the reward a customer for their loyalty.

This to me is the ol' give a mouse a cookie, and they will want a glass of milk. She will never get another deal from this place, I'd rather starve then give it to her or anyone else, stuff cost us, and is costing more everyday just like everyone else.

So, now you are done with this one. I would say that if you ever give a discount again, it is no more than $10-15 off the 150 price(thats up to 10%) and never go over that. Do yourself a favor and increase your price, then when ya discount, ya still make at least your $150.

Archived