Heat shrink gun temp

Guest marcm

you know why I can take a guy who has never touched film, and have him tinting a complete car in 3 days, shrinking and all??? and its good enuff to pass inspection on a new car?????

why???

Cause we take the science of it and explain why its doing what it dose.

Yea were window tinters and a few of us have no clue why we do what we do. Stop slow down and think about what makes what work and how, and I garuntee youll be a better tinter.

With out science to the method y dont we just pour the coals to it with as much damn heat we can get???? cause you degrade the film and its integrity and it dosnet last as long.

But you know, whats doin warranty work and not getting paid for it. Just your time, more money lost in film ect.

Sooo yea phuck the science right.

alright I get your point. no one asked for the history on film shrinking.the bottom line is u stil have to heat it and the film is still going to react to heat. so just becuse your heat gun reads 1300 degrees,it doesn't mean that the film will recieve the whole 1300 degree blast. it probably is only getting that 180-200 degrees that it needs to shrink, more heat just speeds up the process.that's why its important to keep it moving to achieve a more even shrink-don't need science to get this point. and as for being taught the trade,we all come from different walks of life and we all have learned this same trade many,many different ways. so yeah, u can brag and boast about the way u tint and how you teach another to tint ,but the ending product will always speak for itself no matter if u were taught by a scientist or a hack!!! :asshat:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest h0wld0g

anyone can tint "A" car in 3 days but can you tint a BUG in three days! ha nah im just kiddin but seriously we're not bashing you or at least im not... if the noob asks what setting do I put my heat gun on to heat shape why confuse him with that bull crap you started with especially the "shrink your tint at 220 degrees one" when a heat gun doesnt have a setting that low... you know you heat your tint with your gun on the highest setting so all you had to say was back my comment up with a yes highest setting rather than call me assinine and stuff

anyone can tint "A" car in 3 days but can you tint a BUG in three days! ha nah im just kiddin but seriously we're not bashing you or at least im not... if the noob asks what setting do I put my heat gun on to heat shape why confuse him with that bull crap you started with especially the "shrink your tint at 220 degrees one" when a heat gun doesnt have a setting that low... you know you heat your tint with your gun on the highest setting so all you had to say was back my comment up with a yes highest setting rather than call me assinine and stuff

:thumb I'm behind ya 100% :asshat: :asshat:

I use wagner ht 3500 digital... straight from wagner site... The HT3500 is the first digital heat gun introduced into the DIY market. Digital circuitry provides multiple benefits. Touch-pads activate 12 distinct temperature settings from 250° to 1350° F...... my heat gun wont even go to as low as 220 degrees so even if yours does which is probably a hair dryer you will be heat shrinking all day and that my friend would be asinine

I also use that same gun, haven't had no problems yet with degrading film and all that "scientific" stuff. maybe secret agentasshat.gif "hole" belongs in his own forum all by himself for just being(and I quote) ASSININE!!!! :asshat: :asshat:

Guest Crackz

yo homeboy you take ur :asshat: and twist it to the side if you like but we dont use those cheap azzz newbie basic wagner guns around here we use Milwaukee Heat Guns adjustable temp on super hott so when you quit being a punk and shell out some $$$$$ to buy a real heat gun you can take your lil ir temp reader and measure the heat from a real gun and then get back at me internet gangsta 1 love swole boy :asshat:

Guest secretagentswole
yo homeboy you take ur :asshat: and twist it to the side if you like but we dont use those cheap azzz newbie basic wagner guns around here we use Milwaukee Heat Guns adjustable temp on super hott so when you quit being a punk and shell out some $$$$$ to buy a real heat gun you can take your lil ir temp reader and measure the heat from a real gun and then get back at me internet gangsta 1 love swole boy :asshat:

hey balled up jiz rag, yea you ass on glass, that POS MilHauakee Lugee gun you got with the temp gauge on it isnt accurate, I used one yesterday testing a template and we shot it with an IR, it was about 350 degrees off. So y dont you stop talking %&$# and bull your pants back up cause all your doing is jackking your meat around in here .

I've always measured the temperature by how long it takes me to shrink a back window successfully without burning up the tint (3 minutes average depending on the window) To me that's "hot enough :asshat:

If others feel it's important to measure the temp ..knock yourself out :asshat:

yo homeboy you take ur :thumb and twist it to the side if you like but we dont use those cheap azzz newbie basic wagner guns around here we use Milwaukee Heat Guns adjustable temp on super hott so when you quit being a punk and shell out some $$$$$ to buy a real heat gun you can take your lil ir temp reader and measure the heat from a real gun and then get back at me internet gangsta 1 love swole boy :asshat:

hey balled up jiz rag, yea you ass on glass, that POS MilHauakee Lugee gun you got with the temp gauge on it isnt accurate, I used one yesterday testing a template and we shot it with an IR, it was about 350 degrees off. So y dont you stop talking %&$# and bull your pants back up cause all your doing is jackking your meat around in here .

with all this :asshat: and meat jackin', this sounds more like a :thumb:thumb "my gun is hotter than yours"----- :gay :thumb

Archived