Heat shrink gun temp

Guest marcm

Guest h0wld0g
Standard heat guns reach 450 degrees max in 4 mins. Tint will start to soften around 160 degrees, shrinks at around 180 to 220, starts to crystalize at 250 and melts at 260+.

Dont geuss and crank up the gun to 1000+ cause it will go that high, thats kinda asinine.

:krazy now you're agreeing with us?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest secretagentswole
Standard heat guns reach 450 degrees max in 4 mins. Tint will start to soften around 160 degrees, shrinks at around 180 to 220, starts to crystalize at 250 and melts at 260+.

Dont geuss and crank up the gun to 1000+ cause it will go that high, thats kinda asinine.

:krazy now you're agreeing with us?

yea run it on high, but no dont crank it over a g cause it goes that high. its asinine. film shrinks at 180 degrees why do I need to bake it over a G????

Guest Crackz

on big shrinks I even run 2 guns on super high I dont care what the film starts to shrink at I just know its faster any thing else would be assinine :twocents

on big shrinks I even run 2 guns on super high I dont care what the film starts to shrink at I just know its faster any thing else would be assinine :twocents
on big shrinks I even run 2 guns on super high I dont care what the film starts to shrink at I just know its faster any thing else would be assinine :rollin

:lol

Been praising the dual guns for years :lol2:lol

Guest secretagentswole
on big shrinks I even run 2 guns on super high I dont care what the film starts to shrink at I just know its faster any thing else would be assinine :rollin

:lol

Been praising the dual guns for years :lol2:lol

we shrink with dual guns as well, dont change the fact that the gun isnt reaching a G. take your IR thermometer and test your basic wagner, I garuntee it dosent reach a G within 3.5 to 4 mins. Iam done with a back window in 4 mins. take your :lol and pull it down gangsta over your face homeboy. I train people to shrink on back glass every day and run the IR thermometer on the gun while they shoot the glass. Let me geuss you dont even have a IR thermometer right???? your just goin on the the digital read out and what the box says.

we shrink with dual guns as well, dont change the fact that the gun isnt reaching a G. take your IR thermometer and test your basic wagner, I garuntee it dosent reach a G within 3.5 to 4 mins. Iam done with a back window in 4 mins. take your :asshat: and pull it down gangsta over your face homeboy. I train people to shrink on back glass every day and run the IR thermometer on the gun while they shoot the glass. Let me geuss you dont even have a IR thermometer right???? your just goin on the the digital read out and what the box says.

dude you're a :asshat: !!! we are window tinters,we heat tint , it shrinks,bye bye finger!!! since you're so good with thermometers, become a quality control technician with that same thermometer company and shove one up your :thumb !!! :thumb let's stick to the origonal topic here. any "professional" tinter will tell u that they dont sit around with a thermometer measuring the temp blowing from a heat gun---that's why it's called a heat gun! with "experience" you'll find out what the film looks like when its hot enough to be de-fingered(if u want to get technical). :gay

back to your original post,marcm, just give it some heat, it will shrink,dont let it sit too long,it will melt. shrink along the factory cut edge and you'll develop your own feel for this "art". there's more than one way to do anything,dont take it as some science project that you will probably have to pull out thermometer and get technical with with it because every brand of film shrink differently at different temps. :thumb:thumb

Guest secretagentswole

you know why I can take a guy who has never touched film, and have him tinting a complete car in 3 days, shrinking and all??? and its good enuff to pass inspection on a new car?????

why???

Cause we take the science of it and explain why its doing what it dose.

Yea were window tinters and a few of us have no clue why we do what we do. Stop slow down and think about what makes what work and how, and I garuntee youll be a better tinter.

With out science to the method y dont we just pour the coals to it with as much damn heat we can get???? cause you degrade the film and its integrity and it dosnet last as long.

But you know, whats doin warranty work and not getting paid for it. Just your time, more money lost in film ect.

Sooo yea phuck the science right.

Archived