tattling on illegal tinting

Take it to the Media.

They are always looking for stories to kill a minute or 2 on the news.

Send them a letter with no return address asking "I thought tint on the front windows of cars was illegal, but I have noticed cars coming out of ____tint shop with film on the front windows.

Could you folks educate the public about the correct laws regarding tint on auto windows ?"

This would give the investigative reporter a good story to air.

Watch the guys sweat as they are on camera trying to explain this !

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest goldtooth
Goldtooth,

If the laws of Kharma are real, then I must have been Attila tha Hun in a past life. In thios life, I try and do the right thing. And by doing so it seems I'm constantly sucking hind T*T. It seems that those who get ahead in life generally are doing so at others expense, or over the backs of others.

I wish it were that easy, guy. I had PROOF that my competitor was installing illegal film and the idiot gave reciepts with actual VLTs and a lifetime warranty. I got ahold of at least a dozen or so of them, and went to the police and the States Attorneys office. Nobody cared. Aside from selling a product that was illegal, it amounted to consumer fraud as well. The PoPo could care less if a shop does it, they can meet quotas by ticketing the hapless custy. :gasp:lol Now if the roles were reversed, and my competition had me by the short hairs, they'd be on ME like ugly on a Baboon!!!

I got where I am today by my own sweat, and with the help of others. Not at others expense. So I look at it this way. I can look in the mirror in the morning and be OK with what I see.

There are REASONS that tint (HACK) shops get away with illegal installs. Do you think for one minute that if dark tint was TRULY a danger to law enforcement that the PoPo would allow them illegal shops to operate? It's about generating revenue. Pure and simple. The cops may not be the sharpest tools in the shed, but they CAN shut you down if they WANTED to.

Tint laws CAN be changed. It takes money, and someone or some group to actually have the cojones, and righteous indignation with the willingness to dispute the Gov't. WE have that power. We just lack the cohesiveness to do it. TD.com is a force to be reckoned with, what with 10,000 (?) members. That represents a voting bloc. But there is too much division in this industry, and tinters are too busy diving for the scraps for themselves to get together and support the good of the industry. :lol2

:lol well said :lol2 everyone knows this,most keep it locked away in the back of their minds,and so nothing is being done to correct it,an ex cop once told me that "popos want illegal tint on cars,gives them reason to f**k with drivers", so that verifies what you say.. :lol2 law of karma I still believe in it :lol2:lol2

Guest Keepitreel

I was in Chi-town over the summer and 9 out of 10 cars were tinted all the way around blacked out too. So that spells several things. The police dont care about window tint because they have much more important crimes like the murd3r rate to deal with.I think you have a long fight in that area if you are going to put up a fight then also ask yourself is it worth it. Good Luck.

Guest Key West
Take it to the Media.

Send them a letter with no return address asking "I thought tint on the front windows of cars was illegal, but I have noticed cars coming out of ____tint shop with film on the front windows.

Could you folks educate the public about the correct laws regarding tint on auto windows ?"

THAT is pure genius!!! :gasp (now why didn't I think of that!!! :lol2 )

Guest Key West
I was in Chi-town over the summer and 9 out of 10 cars were tinted all the way around blacked out too. So that spells several things. The police dont care about window tint because they have much more important crimes like the murd3r rate to deal with.I think you have a long fight in that area if you are going to put up a fight then also ask yourself is it worth it. Good Luck.

But..........But...........I thought that tint helped out dr*g dealers, and hurt the police? :gasp Just proves that the PoPo DONT CARE! It's IN REALITY not that big a concern to thier safety, or believe you me, it wouldn't be happening.

And Yes, it would take time to fight, but yes.....It would be worth it. Remember, tint is just one issue in a larger scheme of things

Sounds more like jealousy than the legal ethics of it, why wait two years before saying something :lol2 Snitching is just dirty and they may know your going to do it since your name and website is listed :lol6

Guest allprotinter

First I'll say welcome.

Snitching on someone trying to make money. :lol2 Sounds like a crab to me. So none of you have your fronts done :lol6

I'm just honest with my customers. I tell them its illegal, and a possible ticket. Let them decide.

Where I come from snitches get stitches :lol2

The more I read this thread I realize that some thing else is killing this guy. He does other film related sevices and has it together if he getting more $$$ for tint than the hack. I'm sure every one would like to be booked a month solid with deposits for film services.... the truth is there a bigger problem out there.. ex. this week I had a well off custy with a big body Benz tell me to leave off the moles to save a buck. :lol6

Take it to the Media.

I like it :lol6,

I will just have to change the words front window to Windshield

All the Yo Boys heah gots da windshield tints in the dark stuff :lol2

Archived