I hate coupes!!!

I did a 98 civic coupe last week and the 20 y/o kid called me a day and a half later telling me the top microedge of the driverside was peeling a bit after he rolled it down and up a few times. I think I told him a hundred times before I left not to roll the window down for minimum of 3-4 days since it has been cold outside lately. His response was, well it probably would of peeled back regardless. Also he said there were two "large"(dime size) bubble in the backglass that had not dried out yet and that cant be normal. I think I also told him a hundred times that any bubbles or haziness will dry out and IS NORMAL....UGH!!!!!! After talking to him, I realized he wasnt the sharpest tool in the shed so I gave in and told him I would come back out the following week to redo those windows. I also asked him to remove the tint to the back glass so it wouldnt dry anymore and be harder to take off. I get there tonight and he said...Oh I forgot to take the film off that day, but I did lastnight for you....Gee Thanks!! So after an hour of scrubbing off the adhesive from hell and contorting my body and neck to find a comfortable position to scrub every little spec of adhesive off, I redid it and it looked awesome, even though the lighting in his garage reminded me of the last time me and my wife had a candle light dinner. He had left for work an hour before so I left a note on his car telling him, not to roll down his windows for 5 days or I will charge him to redo it. My guess is that he rolled the window down before to get the pot smoke out of his car. The garage had a faint smell of "burned leaves" :spit:dunno Oh and yes My neck is KILLING ME!!!!!!

Also he said there were two "large"(dime size) bubble in the backglass that had not dried out yet and that cant be normal. I think I also told him a hundred times that any bubbles or haziness will dry out and IS NORMAL....UGH!!!!!!

I also asked him to remove the tint to the back glass so it wouldnt dry anymore and be harder to take off.

I feel for ya dude..but I GOTTA ask... based on me reading your story the way I am ..why would you tell him to remove the tint on the back window and you redo it when it sounded like it was just moisture and not air that would eventually dry out :thumb

I feel for ya dude..but I GOTTA ask... based on me reading your story the way I am ..why would you tell him to remove the tint on the back window and you redo it when it sounded like it was just moisture and not air that would eventually dry out :krazy

Just what I was thinking or why ask the customer to do your job if it was a faulty install :beer

Just what I was thinking or why ask the customer to do your job if it was a faulty install :krazy

I make my friends prep their cars when I tint them. less work I have to do and if there is contamination, I blame it on the prep job. :beer

I prefer coupes. usually $10-20 less but 2 less roll downs which is 2 more stationary windows just my :beer

or why ask the customer to do your job if it was a faulty install :hmmm

That part I understand..in cold weather, all the glue would have come off with the tint making life much easier . 1 quick easy pull from the customer and it saved him the grief of scrubbing glue by the time he showed up. I was just thinking leave it altogether because it sounds like water. I've had water stay for weeks the size of quarters B4 it finally dried out in the middle of a Canadian winter. Try your best to get it all sometimes you miss a spot :beer:beer

I make my friends prep their cars when I tint them. less work I have to do and if there is contamination, I blame it on the prep job. :hmmm

:krazy:beer

You ever get that feeling from a customer, that know matter what you say, he thinks he is right and you are wrong and it is just easier to redo it just to get them outta your hair? Also he is about 30 miles away (45 minutes with traffic). So If I had to go check on it, I might as well redo it and make the guy happy. And yes I told him to remove it so the adhesive wouldnt be a real Beach to remove or harder to take the film off by the time I got out there a week later.

Did an effing G35 today...I'm 6'4"...I feel ya. :lol

I was hoping you were wanting to do this one for me :DD . I forgot you were that tall...Its a good thing you are getting out of the tinting business....lol Oh and if you ever want to do some FG installs for extra money...let me know and I will call yah when I have the need for xtra help. :DD

Archived