legal questions

Guest 01xj

Guest Key West

Depends on how much money you got and how willing you are to fight for the darker tint. Here in Ga, and a few other states, you can be ticketed regardless of whether the tint is legal in your home state(registration). The law is standing because NOBODY has contested it yet.

Before we got married, I spent as much or more time here in Ga than I did at my house in Tn. Some cop realised this and kept ticketing me for not getting Ga tags after 30 days of "residency". I even backed my car in a few times.Pain in the ass cuz each ticket required a court appearance only to get it dismissed. I fought each ticket, because at the time, My address was in Tn, but I also had a house in Fla, and spent ALOT of time here in Ga. Does that mean I have to have tags in all three states?

In short, follow the regs for the state your car is registered in. But be prepared for hassles. Or do what they want and go with the lighter tint to avoid the hassles. It's your choice.....

Guest whyBdark

I was pulled over in a state I had recently moved to, I was advertising my local(tinting) business on my windows. I had out of state tags, officer tried to write me a ticket. I told him he couldn't because my car was registerd in another state. :thumb The same office pulled me over 3 or 4 months later, this time he gave me a ticket for my window tint. :lol2 He told me if I lived in this state for over 90 days I was considered a resident. One of many lessons learned over the years!! :lol2

Archived