legal questions

Guest 01xj

Guest 01xj

Here is my situation:

My car is registered in Maine and I live there in the summer. The tint laws for Maine are 50% all around, except for the windshield where you can't have any except the 4in. strip.

I go to school in Vermont where the law is that you can have any % on the rear windows but none on the front windows or windshield except the strip.

I spend the majority of time in Vermont and was wondering which laws I should abide by and also if I could get ticketed in Vermont for having 50% on the front windows if I have the work done in Maine or if I could get ticketed in Maine if I have like 35% in the rear if the work was done in Vermont.

also does anybody know any legit tinters in Maine?

thanks in advance for the responses!

We all know that the Police are the Law regardless of neighboring statutes and will ticket your azz because that's what they are paid to do. You've answered our own question, of course you need to abide by the stricter law if you travel in both states.

Guest 01xj

well it kind of depends on your definition of which laws are more strict. If for instance I decided to put 50% on all the windows which is completely legal in Maine where the vehicle is registered could police do anything?

Guest Key West
well it kind of depends on your definition of which laws are more strict. If for instance I decided to put 50% on all the windows which is completely legal in Maine where the vehicle is registered could police do anything?

No, the cops can't ticket you IF the tint is legal in the state of registration(Tags), unless the law is written like a few states are doing to include ANYONE, including out of state drivers. I really don't think ticketing out of state drivers would hold up (as long as the tint is legal in the home state), should one choose to fight it.

I live in Mississippi and have 5% all the way around--1998 Ford Explorer. I have a medical exemption so I can tint mine as dark as I want. Other jurisdications have to follow the regulations where the vehicke is titled--I argue with them some time but no tix yet.

Be Safe

I live in Mississippi and have 5% all the way around--1998 Ford Explorer. I have a medical exemption so I can tint mine as dark as I want. Other jurisdications have to follow the regulations where the vehicke is titled--I argue with them some time but no tix yet.

Be Safe

I have a medical note also and the cops still give me shyt....

Archived