How long did it take you..

Guest Not.Staying.Long

Guest Not.Staying.Long

How many cars did you have to 'practice' on, or how many crappy tint jobs did you do before you felt confident in your skills? I mean confident in your skills to the point where you felt that you could sell your service and know that you could put out a quality tint job everytime?

I know alot of you will say that you've been tinting for 10+ years and you still learn something new everday :lol6 but in general how many cars did you get under your belt before you were pretty darn good??

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ummm, depends on the quality you are talking about. I'm a bit of an anomaly though, I've watched these guys for probably 7-8 years, and slowly started helping them here and there about december. I picked it up extremely fast, but I've been around it watching, talking, learning for a very long time. I would say after about 10 or so cars I was rather comfortable tinting most of the dealership cars we got in, mostly GM's and Nissans, but I had done a door here, a back glass there for a few months prior.

Well it should depend on how good the work looks. I mean you should know what looks good and what looks hacked. I would say it was probbably 100 cars before I myself felt confident and those were done over a 3-4 year period as well. Can't really say I guess it depends on your own standards of what quality is?

I looked it up and the official rule book said 63 cars and/or 4 months 2 weeks and 17 hours.

there isnt a real set time on geting it down, it depends on how many different cars you do. if all you do is hyundai sonatas your in for a surprise when a 89 bretta shows up.

but I would have to guess 60-80 cars and you should cover most of your bases enough times to stop sweating when the door chimes, or phone rings.

Guest olletsoc

I was selling jobs on my 2nd car. granted I took 5 hours per car at that point and it was crap compared to what I am doing now. I didn't have much choice though. the tinter that trained me decided to retire a week after I started so I was sink or swim. like everyone else I learn new things every day and this site has been one of the greatest source of info and new ideas.

Guest Beeline
yeah Bee, but you still haven't learned to felt yet. I don't blame you though, If I didn't get paid more money to do it, I wouldnt do it.

there is a difference in learning and doing.....

yeah Bee, but you still haven't learned to felt yet. I don't blame you though, If I didn't get paid more money to do it, I wouldnt do it.

there is a difference in learning and doing.....

besides, if you can do it, it can't be that hard.

Archived