JWF Nightscape - 25

Any of you guys using JWF ever use the Nightscape-25 on dual pane annealed? It is a dual reflective but the absorption % is scaring me a little (50%). I am doing an estimate on a new house (35 windows) and was possibly going to offer this as an option. I dont believe there will be any overhangs or shading concerns on the outside and there may be a few windows facing west as the want the entire house done. So if you have ever used it on this type of application let me know...

Guest windoworx

I have some Llumar DR-25 on 2 windows in my home office. I would think they are of similar spec.

I am note sure I would ever recommend it for a customer only because it is right on the edge of the Film to glass charts. If JWF say's it is a good application and none of the windows will cost over $500, then I say go for it. I would avoid arches if possible. I did have my first fracture this year using DR-35. You just never know when it will happen. Eventually it will.

Good luck.

Guest deeptint3
Any of you guys using JWF ever use the Nightscape-25 on dual pane annealed? It is a dual reflective but the absorption % is scaring me a little (50%). I am doing an estimate on a new house (35 windows) and was possibly going to offer this as an option. I dont believe there will be any overhangs or shading concerns on the outside and there may be a few windows facing west as the want the entire house done. So if you have ever used it on this type of application let me know...

I Havent used the NS25 yet, but I have used the NS15 on several jobs with dual pane windows and have had great results.. You just need to look at the overall sun exposure of the windows. Most of the time you are not going to have a problem.. Anyway, the Nightscape line is a pretty good product if you trying to give your cutomer an affordable film with high performance features.. Good luck man! :DD

Guest vclimber
Talk to the manufacturer about what you can and cannot apply.

Also, use common sense on where the film goes. Pay attention to shadowing, glass condition, eyc.

:spit

If the mfg does not recommend or warranty it, then don't do it or it will be on your dime if it breaks.

Archived