I'm Serious, They Are Grinding Pivets!!!

Guest CSCustoms

Guest CSCustoms

So, how many of you had a car that you had to tint and noticed it was repainted and most likely at about 80% of them had grinding pivets on the inside of the windows. As you scrape the windows clean, you can here the awful noise while the blade is scraping off the little metal specs stuck in the glass, but still an little indent{pivet} in the glass is still there. Then once tinted it looks like you suck at tinting and have dust all over the window. Then you try to explain to the customer the situation and they just don't understand what you mean cause why would there be grinding pivets on the window and how could extremely hot little pieces of metal melt into the glass. :beer

Or wait the best and I had a few where there was grinding pivets on the inside of the back window. Figure that one out as you have heaterlines and have to scrape the pivets off with a blade or the tint will look extremely bad cause those pivets can sit pretty hight causing bigger dust bubbles then normal. Now that is fun!!! :bat

:beer Just curious to see if the experiences are the same.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest darkdan

It's on my own car in one corner. Lousy cutting wheel throwing stuff around.

But so far it's only happened to one customer's car. It was a dodge stealth with about 600+ hp that had a roll cage installed. He plans on buying a new quarter window someday and having me redo it.

if you have a glass repair kit, you can try to take the diamond drill and just lightly touch the spots, its not a great fix but it can hide the dust spot look, but it does leave it with a cloudy spot from the inside.

if there are a lot of them or their real real small just scrape them and go for it.

It also happens from welding and not protecting the glass.

I have come across this quite often, the single edge blade normally removes them but the glass is still nic'd.

Archived