channel felt

Guest paynl8

Guest paynl8

ive searched and read thru almost all of the other threads already....but what I want to know is....how is the quality of crlawrence's mole skin felt? I purchased a roll from sg and it kind of sucks....looks like something you could get from a craft store. adhesive seems ok I guess, but the price is just rediculous! im looking for something that looks more like OEM felt. pacific felts, or crlawrence? any of these look close to OEM felt?

Guest tintguy7

I 've been using the crlawrence moleskin for several years and no problems with it. lulu sells and 441 tools also. don't know if there all the same. :beer

Guest paynl8

I just want to know the type of tape each place has to offer.....sg's one is like felt from a.....blanket? like something you could get in a craft store. what is crlawrence's texture? closer to OEM? im pretty sure automobile manufacturers get theirs from somewhere. if you look at the cars that come with felt from the factory, the felt piece looks like its taped on the same way. im even more sure of this because I had a 93 civic that came in and his factory felt came off the channel and smeared all over the window.

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

look paying late ,2 reputable people here have told you the crlawrence is good and I 3rd it. what more do you need?and as far as an oem look, what oem? they look diff from one car maker to another. if you put it on right, you won't be able to tell .

Guest paynl8

ok lets try this again.....I know crlawrence felt is good....IM NOT ASKING WHICH ONES ARE GOOD. if you looked at sg's felt you'd understand why I want something that looks more oem. I dont care if the customer cant even see it...I CAN!! the felt I have now looks like it doesnt even belong on a car. I dont want to buy the crlawrence felt if its almost the same damn thing.

Guest outkast tinter

I've been using the CRL product since 98. I wrote a "Tech Tips" article for Window Film magazine about it in 98. If you want OEM, pay someone to flock the rubbers like the factory did. Otherwise take the 8 years of experience in these threads as gospel. The customer usually cant see the felt to begin with! Sure YOU can see it, but you're solving a comeback problem for YOU, no film company is going to honor a scratch warranty if you didn't felt it in the first place.

Archived