looking to start a mobile window tinting business

Guest contourbs

Guest contourbs

I started my lawn business 2 years ago and it became very sucessfull. im looking to start now a mobile windowing tinting business. I know I can make it happen. I have no experience tinting windows but have friends in the business. I want to get a plotter also any ideas on which ones

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You might want to get your hands dirty with some tint to make sure it's the right field for you before buying a plotter.

Even with a plotter you will still need to know how to hand cut.

Besides, mobil and plotters don't mix, I doubt there are many mobil guys that use plotters, unless they are cutting the film before they get there. So what happens if you screw up a piece? Back to the shop to cut another.

Just my 2 cents.

I started my lawn business 2 years ago and it became very sucessfull. im looking to start now a mobile windowing tinting business. I know I can make it happen. I have no experience tinting windows but have friends in the business. I want to get a plotter also any ideas on which ones

Sounds like a winner idea lots of money for sure :thumb

but yeah..TD's right ..ya might want to learn how to tint first and get a bit of experience under your belt :gasp

Guest contourbs

I will have employees first and and learn from them and run the business. I just wondering which plotter and software work best. I will have the tint cut before the job. and will always have 2 sets cut for each job

Guest tintgod

having the film cut is one think...now applying it to satisfy your customers is another...its not easy to make a yard look like :krazy ..but very easy to make a tint job look like :lol6 if you dont know what you are doing.

dont think a tinting business is just buying a plotter and slapping some paper up on some glass..its not that easy

I just wondering which plotter and software work best. I will have the tint cut before the job.

This tells me you are off to a bad start none of this stuff will help you you must no how to hand cut first it like being a pilot and flying on auto pilot but not knowing how to take off and land :krazy

Computer cut patterns are already cut for your specific car. THE HARD PART IS DONE FOR YOU!! this came off a computer cut site but the truth is cutting film is the easy part :lol6

Guest willie
having the film cut is one think...now applying it to satisfy your customers is another...its not easy to make a yard look like :beer ..but very easy to make a tint job look like :beer if you dont know what you are doing.

dont think a tinting business is just buying a plotter and slapping some paper up on some glass..its not that easy

:bat

Archived