Opinions needed ...

Guest momo

I?ll try to make it a short as possible bear with me please.

I was trying to sell a buddy of mine some paint protection film. (He has a nice Jaguar and happens to be a finance guy for one the biggest used car dealers in my area.) I was really wondering if he would use my services when selling his used cars. Well, he flipped the script on me and tells me that he wants to pitch the PPF to the new cars automotive dealers. He already has a good rapport with the other dealers and he has a huge advantage he is ?one of them?. We are supposed to meet up and discuss all the details, meaning compensation. Did I mention that this guy could sell ice to Eskimo?s?

What do you guys think? What would you guys do if you were in my shoes? Keep in mind that I?m was strictly doing PPF mobile, part time. What would be a fair amount of money to repay him for his troubles, if I decide to let him in? I have no idea what he will ask for, a split, a commission off each sale of what?

I plan on expanding my business from PPF to window tint, dash kits, and spoilers. Any suggestions, comments, and recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Guest willie

In these situations, I like to see what there first offer is. He may be doing you a favor or may not want that much.

If he ask for less than what your thinking the better it is for you.

Think this thing out good after you guys first talk. Most of these deals Ive seen always tend to go south.

He'll get into the business or such and such

Good luck :dunno

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

"eliminate the middle man" I have 10 or so such salesmen that send me great paying jobs and no hassles, has worked out well, but, when I was young , I let myself get taken advantage of a few times. Just stick to your guns! I encourage the ones that sello jobs for me to make themselves alot of money, they mark up my price by 20 -30 %. I don't mind at all, I get my asking price anyway.

Guest solarspot

Thats what I did when I woked at a dealer set your price if they wnted to make money they had to up sell MY

price,so they set their own commision. That way if they had a good customer and gave it away I still got mine. But I was pretty much wholesale so they had some room with out being to high :dunno

Remember guys most of y'all have establised shops with a customer base, I on the other hand have a part time mobile business. Sure I have the potentional to make anywhere from $1,000-$20,000 a month, but how long will it take me to bulid up to that level? It make take a couple of years to get there, were as with this guys landing dealerships/accounts for me, I may have to quit my current job. That is my long term goal. This guy is highly motivated and will and be able to seal the deal. I just don't know what kind of cut I should give or what he might ask for? I mean how much would you guys pay if you could pontentialy make $5-$10,000 a month, right off the bat?

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

read OUR POSTS! YOU don't pay him anything!!!!!!!!!! You give him a price that you want. It's up to him to make the upsale!!. If not, then you will be competing with yourself!!!

Guest Tintin' Magician
:dunno Exactly, if he doesn't work for you full time then you need to give him your installation price the same as you would any other customer. From there you explain to him that is what your bottom line is and he gets whatever else is in the contract. As the salesman he basically sets his own rate and if he is any good he can sell it so both of ya'll make money! :beer

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

Believe it or not, it is illegal for him to ask for anything for selling you jobs after he has paid you you the money. and it is illegal for you to offer anything. It's called a kick back.

Guest a1wintinter
Believe it or not, it is illegal for him to ask for anything for selling you jobs after he has paid you you the money. and it is illegal for you to offer anything. It's called a kick back.

I have several nice dealer accounts, and sometimes things like just happen in the real world. :dunno

Momo do what you think is good for you and your family, just make sure you know and trust the person your dealing with, trust and loyalty are the key, they are also the most difficult. :beer

Archived