how's the plotter work?

Guest jtm999

Guest jtm999

I was just looking at the plotters on 1800gettint.com and it says "you'll never have to touch the glass with a blade again" and I got to thinking how is this possible since the tint cant be shrunk for the back window already and if its cut to size its not going to be big enough after the shrinking is done. Can somebody fill me in on how these things work, and are they worth the cash?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest a1wintinter

Simple, their is a cutter and a program to run it. Most programs are the same you pick a vehicle, load the film you want to use and pick yhe window(s) you want to cut and it will cut that window with film you loaded.

Very cool machine and worth the investment, if you have the cars to justify the money it cost.

It also has a learning curve because its a little different than hand cutting.

The rear-glass still has to be shrunk but the pattern is already cut.

Guest a1wintinter

If you learn to use it properly, its the best thing ever.

Some people here might dis-agree but me and another tinter can do most 4-dr cars in about 30mins. or less :)

Guest jtm999
If you learn to use it properly, its the best thing ever.

Some people here might dis-agree but me and another tinter can do most 4-dr cars in about 30mins. or less :evilgrin

thanks, I think I'll get one someday.

I have used plotter cut films before, they worked just fine. the rears are cut to compensate for the shrinking

I herd that a good tinter can cut out a car in about the same time it takes to set up the plotter, cut the film out and cut the pieces apart.

Any truth to that?

Guest a1wintinter
Yeah if you had a great tinter challenge someone not so good with the plotter-probably...But an average or beginner against me running mine--NO WAY!!!!! :evilgrin

Yep, not possible, but remember you have to know how to use it.

You dont just walk up to it and its magic, its takes time to get use to it.

I tint entirely different when Im using a plotter than when I hand cut, no way can an "average" tinter compare to the speed of a experienced tinter with a plotter.

Yeah if you had a great tinter challenge someone not so good with the plotter-probably...But an average or beginner against me running mine--NO WAY!!!!! :bingo

Yep, not possible, but remember you have to know how to use it.

You dont just walk up to it and its magic, its takes time to get use to it.

I tint entirely different when Im using a plotter than when I hand cut, no way can an "average" tinter compare to the speed of a experienced tinter with a plotter.

Well down here 99% of the cars I do get three different % film installed. So I would have to load the plotter 3 times for each car, I admit to never having used one but I think I can hand cut patterns faster than having to load and unload the plotter three times for each car! JMO :lol2

Archived