Porsche 911 Carrera Coupe (996) recommendation

Guest Jicko

The exterior color is silver.

The interior color is black.

I'm here in CA, but I'm not going to care about the 70% front sides limit. So I'm going to do all 5 windows(2 front sides, 2 little rear corners, the 1 big rear.

Any recommendation on what BRAND/MODEL of tint and what darkness? And whether I should go with all the same tint level? OR I should go lighter on the front and darker on the back(creating an illusion of lesser or no tint for the front....)? I'd like some ideas/recommendations, and pics, if available....

Here is one I've seen and I liked it, yet... it may be too dark at night, right?

From the picture, what % do u guys think it is? 20%? 25%? (pic is clickable)

IMG_1817-th.jpg

Personally... I think I like a more uniform look.... but I would really like to see some pics of otherwise....

In general, I like it DARK, but then... I don't want it to be too unsafe at night...

Thanks in advance for any help!!! :evileye

Also, any shop recommendation is highly appreciated too!!

I'm in San Diego, CA.

Guest Beeline
The exterior color is silver.

The interior color is black.

I'm here in CA, but I'm not going to care about the 70% front sides limit. So I'm going to do all 5 windows(2 front sides, 2 little rear corners, the 1 big rear.

Any recommendation on what BRAND/MODEL of tint and what darkness? And whether I should go with all the same tint level? OR I should go lighter on the front and darker on the back(creating an illusion of lesser or no tint for the front....)? I'd like some ideas/recommendations, and pics, if available....

Here is one I've seen and I liked it, yet... it may be too dark at night, right?

From the picture, what % do u guys think it is? 20%? 25%? (pic is clickable)

IMG_1817-th.jpg

Personally... I think I like a more uniform look.... but I would really like to see some pics of otherwise....

In general, I like it DARK, but then... I don't want it to be too unsafe at night...

Thanks in advance for any help!!! :evileye

Also, any shop recommendation is highly appreciated too!!

I'm in San Diego, CA.

I think the picture looks good :lol2

You probably will not get a straight answer here because everybody enforces the legal tint limit. Living in a country without laws, I can recommend you Llumar ATR 5% or SolarGard HP Charcoal or Titanium 6%, both brands and film "models" will give a dark tint without beeing too dark at night. Personally I prefer the ATR, beautifill color. Go better for a uniform 20% film, but be aware that no insurance will cover you either way... :dunno

How does a 40% front sides, and 25% 3 in the back gonna look? Any idea?

"everybody enforces the legal tint limit" <- how about... this car... is for my backyard driving only... it is not for driving on public street.... but yet, for driving in my backyard, I still don't want it to be too dar... so now... any recommendations?

why be a "little" illegal, just go all the way

40 % all around I think would look nicer

It is about... not wanting it to be too dark for night driving... safety purpose...

By the way, vzla-tint, will "Llumar ATR 5% or SolarGard HP Charcoal or Titanium 6%" be way too dark!? only 5 or 6%!! Do they have something that is along the line of 25% to 40%?

Are there ANY brand/model, that is like 40% or 50%(looking from inside out) yet, when looking thru a bright sunny day... that looks darker than it seems?

I dunno if there is anything like this... but are there products that... from outside->inside, it is DARK, while from inside->outside... it is not dark?

I've done a few silver high-end BMW's and such in 38/18 HP True Grey from SolarGard and had nothing but compliments, not to mention it has a great warranty. Here it is in 18 sides and back

CIMG1942.jpg

Since we are at it, my old BMW had it 18 sides and back

Picture017.jpg

And this is 38 sides and back

tint007.jpg

Archived