Two layers of tint questions

Guest CJitty

Guest CJitty

I am getting my car re-tinted this weekend and I am having my tinter remove my existing 35% and putting on 20% on all four doors.

My rear window is 35% as well now, and I have my defroster and radio antenna in the window. I don't want to have him remove the rear tint for fear of damaging these two sensitive elements. So, if I have him add another 35% layer on there to be slightly darker than 20%.

Will adding another layer limit the antenna or defroster from working at optimal levels?

I have a 2003 Acura TL by the way.

My basic math skills tell me that 35% x 35% will yield a tint pct of around 12%. I believe my car also has a factory tint on it of 94% light let in. Therefore .35% x .35% x .94% = 11.5%, basically still 12%

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest a1wintinter

First off 20% is not legal on the front doors in any state, but it does look good on all four doors.

Second if you choose a prof. intsaller they should not have any problemes removing that film without damaging the rear defroster or ant.

Third your putting way too much thougt into the percentage of the film, your gonna make yourself nuts with all that calculating :evileye

I am getting my car re-tinted this weekend and I am having my tinter remove my existing 35% and putting on 20% on all four doors.

Tinting illegal? Sorry, can't help you with advice and shame on the tinter helping you break the law

Guest CJitty

Well, there are plenty of folks on this board putting on much, much darker tint than me, so I don't care for the lecture.

Tint % put aside, I'm just trying to get the basic question answered. Will double layer tint interfere with my antenna and/or defroster?

Not trying to talk sh*t, but those who feel they can't comment because it's illegal or whatever can skip this topic, and go to another topic. :evileye

Thanks for viewing though. Those with helpful comments, thank you, I do appreciate it.

most TL folks are here worried about GPS :rock

antenna or defroster....no problem for layers

AM ..................maybe, but probably no more than now

GPS :evileye ...coin toss

Guest a1wintinter
Well, there are plenty of folks on this board putting on much, much darker tint than me, so I don't care for the lecture.

Tint % put aside, I'm just trying to get the basic question answered. Will double layer tint interfere with my antenna and/or defroster?

Not trying to talk sh*t, but those who feel they can't comment because it's illegal or whatever can skip this topic, and go to another topic.

Thanks for viewing though. Those with helpful comments, thank you, I do appreciate it.

Ya know you sure do talk a shite load of :rock for a newbie and a non tinter on a TINTER website!!!!! :lol2

:evileye

Guest CJitty
Since I am military, my car will not be registered in TX, it will be my home state of Mississippi.

Your location says Texas, you will not pass inspection with 20% on any of the doors.

I don't mean any disrespect, just trying to get answers. I saw the consumer portion of this board, so since I am a consumer, I posted. After all, consumers like me keep tinters employed. again, not trying to disrespect, just wanted to get answers. thanks to those who answered my questions w/o the flaming.

Not trying to talk sh*t, but those who feel they can't comment because it's illegal or whatever can skip this topic, and go to another topic.

Ya know you sure do talk a shite load of :rock for a newbie and a non tinter on a TINTER website!!!!! :lol2

:evileye

Archived