The never ending story about

Guest scottstinting

Guest scottstinting

After all these years I have never found any kind of soap ,jj film on, or quick stick or what ever where you could measure the same amount for every car with each refill and get the desired results its to tacky or to slippery and theres going from used car to new car from huyndai to bmw it seems to change on every car .It sometimes beades off to fast the next car you do will be to soapy and I have always wondered if it wasnt what people used for window cleaner I think we will never know Maybe we need a meter for glazeing slickness then you could adjust accoringly

Am I the only one or am I being to picky

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

I think you are too picky. Using film on or j n j , a little more or a little less doesn't seem to make a drastic difference to me. But, working conditions do seem to effect it more.I.e.- temperature, of the air, car , glass , ect. Also, your spraying tecnique, do you use alot of spray on some things , or a little. I soak the shizz out of everything,film and glass, makes it more consistant and therefore easier to adjust the amount of slip solution. hope this helps

Guest scottstinting

Yes I spray everything Lots,My shop has air con and its about 73 most days .I figure its mostly glass differences .I go from to sticky to, to soapy with the same tank of solution .Maybe its the extreme cars from a piece of crap old beater to a brand new car with nice glass ????

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

try to prep all windows with dirt off.

are some cars hot and some are cooler when you pull them in to the shop and start to work on them?

Guest scottstinting

Yes your probably right on the dirt off .I do sometimes but when you get busy you make shortcuts and yes some cars are probably hotter then the first few I do in the day .Ill try the dirt off on every one and see if theirs a difference

Thanks

Guest scottstinting

Heck ive had cars that just beaded off and you add soap and soap and all of a sudden its hard to handle the backside cause its to soapy and your hands are to soapy

I agree with 1PEECBARETTA, temperature of the air, water, glass all come into play, but I also think humidity has something to do with it. Don't ask me why, but on humid days, the s**t sticks and pisses me off, less humid days it's slippery as can be. Maybe it's me, but I just deal with it. It's been raining like crazy here and the last bottle I mixed a little soapy. The film slip around nice, a little too nice, I almost dropped a couple back windows because they were too slippery.

Archived