Technically Confused

There's so many specs now I don't know the answer to this.

The best indication of which film will block more heat from entering through a window is what?

Higher TSER spec

Lower Shading Coefficient spec

Greater BTU reduction as measured on a BTU meter

Who knows the answer?

Guest vclimber

The best indication of which film will block more heat from entering through a window is what?

Higher TSER spec

Lower Shading Coefficient spec

Greater BTU reduction as measured on a BTU meter

Who knows the answer?

[*]398423

#1 & #2

#3 is only measuring a certain narrow range of IR rejection and does not give you the full picture of the film's performance.

? ? ? Higher TSER spec

? ? ? Lower Shading Coefficient spec

? ? ? Greater BTU reduction as measured on a BTU meter

Who knows the answer?

[*]398423

#1 & #2

#3 is only measuring a certain narrow range of IR rejection and does not give you the full picture of the film's performance.

[*]398425

Thanks, VC

That's what I was thinking. So demo-ing a film with a heat lamp and BTU meter and showing an impressive drop in BTU levels can be kind of bogus.

Guest vclimber
Thanks, VC

That's what I was thinking.  So demo-ing a film with a heat lamp and BTU meter and showing an impressive drop in BTU levels can be kind of bogus.

[*]398429

Well um :? , yeah kind of. If you look at the whole picture. IR is responsible for 53% of the solar energy and your BTU meter is only measuring a certain wavelength on that IR spectrum. So it is not giving you as full of a picture of the films total performance as the TSER or the SC. But in defense of a BTU meter, it does show how film can either absorb or reflect IR which is good, kind of... :ohcrap

Archived