Amoured Vans

Guest NokTint

Guest NokTint

might have to tint amoured toyota hiace van ( the ones that collects money from shops ) its just the front windows. appearently they are bullet proof which are fixed and dont wind down. has anyone tinted these sorts of windows. any suggestions

Guest NokTint

hang on... but s class mercs have bullet proof windows?? ive tinted a few of those.. isnt it the same kind of glass ???

might have to tint amoured toyota hiace van ( the ones that collects money from shops ) its just the front windows. appearently they are bullet proof which are fixed and dont wind down. has anyone tinted these sorts of windows. any suggestions

[*]396473

There are to kind of bullet proof cars, so called OPEN "BULLETPROOFING" and SECRET "BULLETPROOFING" - may be I am wrong in names.

OPEN when You see that car is BULLETPROOF. On this kind of cars window mainly don't open and You can make installation like on flat glass.

SECRET - means that bulletproof car look like regular, and you will understand that glass in bulletproof when You will down the glass and see it's thickness. In that case You have to tint it like on regular HIACE. This glass is 2D curved - so no problems.

Guest NokTint

I was planning to cut out tint on a wind down hiace van and then place shape on non wind down window like flat glass.

hang on... but s class mercs have bullet proof windows?? ive tinted a few of those.. isnt it the same kind of glass ???

[*]396488

That is just laminated glass for saftey in case of accident. Bullet froof glass , as far as I know. Is just very thick plastic like lexan or something. You cant tint plastic if it is new, maybe after 4 or 5 years.

[*]396488

That is just laminated glass for saftey in case of accident. Bullet froof glass , as far as I know. Is just very thick plastic like lexan or something. You cant tint plastic if it is new, maybe after 4 or 5 years.

[*]396546

1. Bulletproof glass is combination of simple glasses laminated with special resine (for Example NAFTOLAN) or special two sided film (for example SAFLEX).

2. Bulletproof glass can be also combination of glass and LEXAN. This is more expensive and used when lower weight needed (for example SECRET BULLETPROOFING) and bulleptreoof glass can be opened and closed.

3. Also LEXAN is used on backside of bulletproof glass for SPLINTER PROTECTION. But our company more than 10 years use 10 mil window film on back side of bulletproof glass. That can same a lot of money and weight.

4. After 4 or 5 year bulletproof glass comination glass/LEXAN mainly became urgly looking :beer

P.S. I am sorry - language problems don't allow me to tell more - I like "BULLETRESISTANT" topics :beer

Archived