cant get my plotter set up

Which port are you using? I had the same problems when I first got mine and you gota check it in the software to make sure they match up :lol6 email me your set up process and I can check it out..

Guest FastEddy
Which port are you using? I had the same problems when I first got mine and you gota check it in the software to make sure they match up  :lol6  email me your set up process and I can check it out..

[*]354086

Most plotters will use a com port.

Check with the manufacturer to find the proper settings.

Most of them are:

none

Hardware handshake.

Your plotter software should have a place to make the proper com port choice as well as change the settings. Dig around and see if you can find it.

Does the plotter itself have a built in test pattern?

If so, run it to be sure its a communication issue rather then a hardware issue.

sounds like software.  in your cutting pgm is a set up guide where you generally have to pick the plotter, hpgl or like settings, port, etc.

have you discussed this with who you bought the machine from :lol6

[*]354208

yes, we discussed it back and forth thru email, his directions were very detailed and understandable, but the only problem is is it says it cant not open the port when I send it to the production manager or w/e. and the test pattern does work, we already got that working. should I just send it back and get my money back or what you guys think? or do you know what the problem would be? thanx again!

Guest lonewolf1969
I recently bought a used plotter from someone on the forum, a creation ct630.  we couldnt get it set up and it wouldnt send the info to the plotter for it to cut the patterns out.  think I got ripped off or what?

[*]354063

I am the one who sold the Creation CT630 cutter... He is now wanting me to give him his money back because he can't get it set up. He thinks he got screwed on the deal, but before I shipped it out to him I checked everything out...from the software to the cutter, everything ran fine. The reason I believe it is a user error on his part is that I included a SWapmeet disc in the package that was in a zip folder and he didn't know how to open that. What would you guys do in this situation?

Archived