cold weather and tint

Guest whale hung

Soap to water ratio different in the South...

[*]339283

I keep mine consistant all yr ..I figured all tinters in below freezing climate have a heated shop, therefore making working conditions the same when actually applying the tint :lol

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Watch out for cold windows with small cracks when useing heat gun I thought the back window was warm enough till the crack grew  :lol2

[*]339175

:duck On tempered glass :lol2 It should have gone into a million pieces :duck

You sure that you didn't do the front W/S instead :lol6:lol2

[*]339356

:lol2

Guest shattered

I adjust my soap all the time depending on weather conditions. I the cold times I back it off as much as possible and use a heat lamp to cook it on I made a extension for the lamp so I can get it on the back glass. With the price of heat no way am I going to heat the shop all night.

With the price of heat no way am I going to heat the shop all night.

[*]339436

no need t o..I keep my shop a few degrees above freezing when I'm not working and put it to room temperature when the shop is producing $$$..it only takes my shop 5-10 minutes to get to room temp that way..no need to keep a car in overnight in a shop ..not very productive either :lol2

Guest tint rookie

never scratched or cracked anything that the customer knew about.

another finger tip.

usually you should know right away where that pane is gonna throw the finger. theyll usually start to peek out at ya before you go powering the last of the water out.

right after I yellow turbo, if I think I see a problem finger, ill force it to the factory edge, and give it one last lil shrink. be sure to put a clipoard between the gun blast and the interior.

finish powering the moisture out.

any other problem spots ill heat from the outside, then flash the bottom from the inside one more time.

but the key is to shrink the hell out of it in the begining (on the outside). work that film with a gold card, pulling and stretching, forcing every lil finger you can.

Archived