cold weather and tint

Guest whale hung

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest whale hung
where are the finger coming up at...door or back glass?

[*]339033

doors

[*]339034

are they coming from the bottom eal area?...if you are a tucker..you may try taking the time to pull the panes...or heat the bottom with a heatgun before untucking

[*]339042

NO ! I dont want to pull panels ! man I have a new respect for you guys that tint in this cold !it sucks ! but I will get it one day . I hope ! :spit

It's also worth the extra 1 minute per window IMO to seal the edges with a bit of heat on the bottom of rolldowns ..I personally heat all the windows wit ha hand held 45000 btu heater..cooked on in about 3-4 minutes...just let it cool B4 rolling out into the extreme cold :spit

I try to keep cars over night from mid november till about mid march due to cold weather... if the customer has an attatched garage or better yet a heated one I will tell them to pick them up at the end of the day....it sucks to try and find space for over nighters but it is way better than giveing them back and having them frost up over night and the moisture freezing....a 2.5 hour job usually takes an additional hour to hour and half during the cold weather months....and we keep the tint part of the garage cooking all winter ....

good luck with the cold months....

Archived