cold weather and tint

Guest whale hung

Guest whale hung

I just moved up north and am having broblems with fingers poping up after the customer leaves and hits the cold outside.im new to the cold and have never had this problem . help !

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just moved up north and am having broblems with fingers poping up after the customer leaves and hits the cold outside.im new to the cold and have never had this problem . help !

[*]339031

a lot of southerners don't have a clue when it comes to winter tinting.Not meant in the disrespectful sense..just you take your weather for granted sense :spit (I'm referring to when it's -15F) It's more of a challenge.

Make sure you have a good heated shop and bring your glass temp up to room temperature. You can prep the vehicle , cut out patterns etc till it does. Always do your back window first(this allows it to soak up the most heat as your doing the rest of the car.

Make sure your using a squeegee squeegee to get out maximum fluid like a blue max or orange crush on an unger handle.

and extra squeegee for each window and ample lighting and a goo eye to make sure most liquid is out ..if fingers pop up..it's usually going to happen within the hr (as your doing the doors ).

Lastly ..do more shrinking and less stretching of the back glass in colder climate..less likely to finger up . :lol

Guest whale hung

[*]339031

Move back to a warmer climate :lol

[*]339039

thanks gus :spit

Guest tintgod
where are the finger coming up at...door or back glass?

[*]339033

doors

[*]339034

are they coming from the bottom area?...if you are a tucker..you may try taking the time to pull the panes...or heat the bottom with a heatgun before untucking

I didn't see earlier posts about doors being the problem..you can just reverse the order I gave..or just let it sit in the heated garage a bit longer if they are the last windows done :spit

Archived