Panel puller, gasket wizard, carpet shields, etc.

Guest redgtxdi

Guest redgtxdi

Just curious how things are going w/ these tools lately?

Anybody still usin' the gasket wizard??

Probably the biggest reason I'm posting this is because whenever I search, most pics are out of date already, so I can't see what folks were tryin' to show in their pics.

I saw a post where somebody mentioned "report folders" to be used as a gasket wizard. He talked about cutting it into strips, folding it in half & that's it. WTF??? Doesn't quite make sense to me.

Also....................

Lookin' for a descent panel pulling tool. I know I can order one, but what about like Sears (craftsman) or an auto-parts place?? (would rather pick it up)

Gotta tint & prolly do some speakers at the same time so the tool would be nice in case I decide to do them on different days & don't wear out the cheezy-@$$ cardboard paneling!!

TIA :krazy

I use the gasket wizard ..on certain cars it's great..on other cars your better off pulling panel or prying back top of panel or removing gasket ..all 4 methods are great depending on car :krazy

tucking too..but I'm not a tucker :beer

Guest redgtxdi

Aside from pulling the gasket, I've actually never pulled a panel before for the sake of tinting. (Have for stereo stuff & replace some door handles before, but not for tinting)

I suppose I'm a sort of "tucker" 'cuz my routine is usually.....

1.) soak interior glass top to bottom & use bondo spreader to reach in gasket & pry it back as soaking flows down.

2.) strip liner & soak film

3.) carry film around & mount center of film & slide toward a tuck on the bottom usually feeding a corner first, then progressively slippin' down the door. I'll typically go a wee bit further than needed before slipping back up to create about a 1/8" gap at the top.

This will often leave some pockets of air in the film which I'll usually then force out the bottom by grabbing my bondo spreader again & delicately sliding along (to & fro) the bottom and using a turbo to gently force the bubble out the bottom.

Works for me but wouldn't mind getting an easier "tuck" if something like these "carpet shields" would work.

(Have yet to see pics of the gasket wizard *or* carpet shields at work........((or high-school report covers for that matter))........LOL!!) :krazy

Guest redgtxdi

Thanks met..............I may order something like that online anyway, but wanted to pick up something locally.

I dunno if Pep Boyz, Autozombie or any of those places carry one, but I'll look today & post back what I find here if anybody else needs something quickly, too.

Also, I can't say as I understand how the edge would work as a "tuck" tool, unless maybe heating it up & creating some extra bend would allow you to stick it in the gasket, then let it just hang & let gravity bend the gasket back toward you as you slipped the film inside.

Then again, if it fell out while you were doing that.........that'd kinda'suck.

P.S. (Metint said, "angle of the dangle).........<enter Beavis & Butthead laugh here> :thumb

Archived