70% LEGAL

Guest rpt

Guest Mrs RJE

Hey VW you're not the only British tinting company having problems with Local Hack Shops ignoring the law.

There have been several shops opening up around our area in the past year or so who either do not realise that there is a law regarding window tint, or are ignoring it anyway.

This leads to problems for the rest of us as the general public hear Horror stories about people having cars impounded etc etc... They are then very wary about getting any windows tinted on their vehicles.

We need to inform our customers about the laws and what will happen should they chose to ignore them and go with the darkest films around.

Alot of the Hacks will not inform their customers about the laws, and by the time the customer gets pulled by the :gasp the shop's shut and the customer tells their friends/relatives that tinting IS completely !llegal and do not get it done or you will face a fine/have your vehicle impounded.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest John Castelli
Over here in England the tint law is 70% for front passenger and driver windows, most cars that come out of the factory have less than 70% visibilty so god knows where that law came from.

Im just starting out and am already noticing people wanting 35% as the lowest tint, some ask for alot less but its mainly 35. What do I do ? do I refuse to do front windows all together or just do minimum 35 and risk it ?? or what sort disclaimer can I give them to say it not my responsibility if they do get pulled ?

Its only really 4x4s and MPVS that want just rear windows doing so that more than halves the market round here.

[*]282623

THE LAW IS CUT N DRY STICK TO IT MORON :lol

Over here in England the tint law is 70% for front passenger and driver windows, most cars that come out of the factory have less than 70% visibilty so god knows where that law came from.

Im just starting out and am already noticing people wanting 35% as the lowest tint, some ask for alot less but its mainly 35. What do I do ? do I refuse to do front windows all together or just do minimum 35 and risk it ?? or what sort disclaimer can I give them to say it not my responsibility if they do get pulled ?

Its only really 4x4s and MPVS that want just rear windows doing so that more than halves the market round here.

[*]282623

THE LAW IS CUT N DRY STICK TO IT MORON :dunno

[*]283788

That sure is one way of saying it,however unpleasant notes will not help this is an oppurtunity with a new tinter to give good advice and grooming for the future.

Did you wake up the wrong side of the bed or what.

We all suffer hacks that leave a bitter taste ,take the time to be nice and who knows you might even like yourself.

Archived