70% LEGAL

Guest rpt

Over here in England the tint law is 70% for front passenger and driver windows, most cars that come out of the factory have less than 70% visibilty so god knows where that law came from.

Im just starting out and am already noticing people wanting 35% as the lowest tint, some ask for alot less but its mainly 35. What do I do ? do I refuse to do front windows all together or just do minimum 35 and risk it ?? or what sort disclaimer can I give them to say it not my responsibility if they do get pulled ?

Its only really 4x4s and MPVS that want just rear windows doing so that more than halves the market round here.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Diamond Tints
Over here in England the tint law is 70% for front passenger and driver windows, most cars that come out of the factory have less than 70% visibilty so god knows where that law came from.

Im just starting out and am already noticing people wanting 35% as the lowest tint, some ask for alot less but its mainly 35. What do I do ? do I refuse to do front windows all together or just do minimum 35 and risk it ?? or what sort disclaimer can I give them to say it not my responsibility if they do get pulled ?

Its only really 4x4s and MPVS that want just rear windows doing so that more than halves the market round here.

[*]282623

What you can do is put a 50% on front drops as :lol2 will accept 45% and above vlt as for saying add a 70% to a tinted glass will bring it to 50% is total and utter :spit:) dont know how yous guys worked that out but it is wrong, if you are going to put a 35% on front drops tell the customer there is no come backs on you and only give them areceipt for " b posts back only " :):)

[*]282623

What you can do is put a 50% on front drops as :lol2 will accept 45% and above vlt as for saying add a 70% to a tinted glass will bring it to 50% is total and utter :spit:) dont know how yous guys worked that out but it is wrong, if you are going to put a 35% on front drops tell the customer there is no come backs on you and only give them areceipt for " b posts back only " :):)

[*]282682

Do the math, 70% times 70% is 49%.

[*]282623

What you can do is put a 50% on front drops as :) will accept 45% and above vlt as for saying add a 70% to a tinted glass will bring it to 50% is total and utter :lol2:lol2 dont know how yous guys worked that out but it is wrong, if you are going to put a 35% on front drops tell the customer there is no come backs on you and only give them areceipt for " b posts back only " :):spit

[*]282682

Do the math, 70% times 70% is 49%.

[*]282683

:) its not hard you should try that equation some time!!!

this is when you need to be sure what the glass (%) it has, that is why you need a tint meter, with that you knoww what % the glass has and then you can do that math, you cant say "oh that's 83%" by just looking at a car glass. if you want to be specific do it right.

Guest Diamond Tints

ok heres the thing in the uk police will accept 45% and above vlt now I add a sun-gard 47% or 48% whatever it is , its classed as 50% onto a car with 70% vlt now when my customers get stopped why does there cars read 45% and above still !!!!!!!!! using a meter wich costs over ?1000 so sorry still dont accept what yous say about working it out so can someone explain this to me as all this makes no sense maybe I'm missing something

Archived