Plexiglass..tint removal

Guest Tree

Guest hooligantintboy
:nope .... years ago I removed 300ft. of plexiglass on a "florida room" .this was the worst thing id ever seen or done. I used a mix of denatued alcohol,ammonia,and lots of soapy in the mix. this worked well I used several towels and spray mix in about a 2 sq.ft. area and rub circular. the adhesive melted like butter, came right off!..... the towels were trashed but like 8 hours later and a hot plate of dinner from the nice old lady I was driving home. my boss told me $500.00 but gave me $600 cuz the lady called and said I did such a good job :)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
got job to remove tint on airplane windows after someone (not me ) ruined them..what is safeest way (if any ) to remove film. :beer:

[*]221049

Is it a small single engine plane with a bubble canopy???

I talked to an older guy last week at an airshow that had tinted the top of his canopy himself, in strips. Allwrinkled... looked like :beer .

Removal on plastic glass works without scratches if there is a scratch resistant surface. There is a 99% chance that the glass used for any plane does have that. It is always a good idea though to demand a small testing area whenever you are in doubt. Or even when not, shows you are professional shows you care.

Guest metint
Removal on plastic glass works without scratches if there is a scratch resistant surface. There is a 99% chance that the glass used for any plane does have that. It is always a good idea though to demand a small testing area whenever you are in doubt. Or even when not, shows you are professional shows you care.

[*]278683

The protective SR coating you speak of Kohler, can also come up when the film is peeled off. PS adhesive will take it (SR coating) off reflective coated glass and window film... stands-to-reason lifting the SR is possible with acrylic and polycarbonate. :thumb

The protective SR coating you speak of Kohler, can also come up when the film is peeled off. PS adhesive will take it (SR coating) off reflective coated glass and window film... stands-to-reason lifting the SR is possible with acrylic and polycarbonate. :rollin

[*]278705

Good to have you back metint. Someone has to fill in the gaps in my knowledge. I am glad I demanded the testing area. Always leave yourself room for sliding out.

Guest metint
Good to have you back metint. Someone has to fill in the gaps in my knowledge. I am glad I demanded the testing area. Always leave yourself room for sliding out.

[*]278900

:rollin

Archived