How many sq/ft have you installed in a DAY?

Guest tinterjim

In a house I guess the most would be around 400-500 sf. I've done some huge homes. I'd have to go back and check my records to be more accurate.

I have help as soon as I step in a commercial or res. bldg.

One of the problems at the shop I used to work with is that they sent us out according to the dollar amount of the job. They never took anything else into consideration.

And to make matters worse, they went with older pricing... so they would say the job was $1500 so "Bob" can do it without a helper... All find and good except the newer prices were lower... so say $1500 at old prices was 250 sq/ft but with new prices it was 350. (These are just numbers I pulled out of my butt)

So we would show up at the job and be like WTF??

That happened SO many times and it pissed all of us off... When of course starting a job being in a po'ed mood is such a nice way to begin the day. LOL.

Man I used to flip out on my boss all the time over that :shock

RoAcH

Guest Dedpedal

By myself, 4-500 feet is a fairly long day. I dont get caught up in the "gotta get it done before 5 oclock" syndrome either.If Im there till dark, so be it. I put quality before quanity and however long it takes, it takes.

On a sweet commercial job, myself and a helper(window cleaner) nailed 2300 to 2500 a day. It was open, 5 foot by 8 foot windows and we worked about 10 hours a day.

Look at that! my first post!

Guest tintslut

330 Sf of 4 mil clear today, 28 windows total. Job took 4 hours to complete.

BUT THE DRIVE!!!!! 175 miles each way, 3 hours up and 3 hours back ,

Harrisburg , PA .

Well Most of the time 300-400 res/com either

But Was up in th 1500-2000 a few yrs back got a 4 mil job on 4 schools

Was Suppost to start June 9 didn't start until June 24th and Had to be done by Sept 1st

Need to say 2 guy doing some 100-120 windows a day for 3 days a week we got it done

BTW We were only suppost to do 3 1 yr and the last 1 the next yrs but They pushed us

Guest Dedpedal

I hate pushy customers. All they get is minnumum time and minnumum effort. Im dealing with a turd that gave us 3000 ft of Llumar white opaque and after his people screwed it up wanted us to replace about 300 feet for free. We even told him to make sure his other subs knew to stay away from the windows after filming.

Didnt help. I went in after major back attack to finnish the job and get the punchlist done.

Archived