How many sq/ft have you installed in a DAY?

What's the most sq/ft you've installed for a residential job in a day?? Without a helper.. so you did everything from prep to install.

The most I did was like 350 sq/ft. Took me all day, and I was steamed when I was finished since I didn't have a helper and that was a lot of glass to tint. (IMO)

RoAcH

Domestic only Roach?

That's a tough call because to get that amount in a home it has to be one hell of a pad. Then it depends on the sizes of glass. You could have 350 feet of French panes or you could have 350 feet of commercial glass which take in just 4 panes.

A home for me..... probably 300.

Devil

I have done a couple of 1000 sq foot commercial jobs before. I was beat and got home with the sun missing for hours.

I have installed 500 square feet on residential before.

Was it worth it? No, was too tired the next day

I limit my guys to 300 squares a day on commercial and less than that on residential.

They can do more, but I do not want any call backs

Now this week is different, we are extremely hammered.

On top of a full week of installs and bids, three of my construction accounts contacted me Friday and Monday. They have to have everything installed by the end of the week. We are now running in double speed.

With all this rain we had this year, construction companies are behind and they want to close these buildings quickly.

Been working in the field 10 hours and then in the office until 11 or midnight trying to keep up with data entering.

I have done a couple of 1000 sq foot commercial jobs before. I was beat and got home with the sun missing for hours.

I have installed 500 square feet on residential before.

Was it worth it? No, was too tired the next day

I limit my guys to 300 squares a day on commercial and less than that on residential.

They can do more, but I do not want any call backs

That's a bit of a refreshing attitude, compared to the usual more is better attitude in biz. :poop

Guest Blade

I did 450 on a home a couple weeks ago by myself. I wished I had my installer with me but he was out for the day. :poop Job turned out great though. I've done a few close to 1000 but that's not the way I like to do things. They were also large open commercial jobs. No desks, computers, just walk right up and do 'em. All lined up for me too.

This year we have been installing a fair amount of Drei. If the guys mess that up, I stand a chance to loose some serious cash. :hmmm That is the major reason for limiting the amount each day. I don't want any call backs.

Archived